Search this Blog
How to Register to Leave a CommentYou can get a WordPress username to comment using this link.
My Personal Site & Gallery
- Dent the Wood for Tighter JointsWe’ve all dented some important part of a project and hand to remove the dent with heat and steam. It’s … The post Dent the Wood for Tighter Joints appeared first on Popular Woodworking Magazine.
- How to Design Furniture With SpindlesDesigning a piece of furniture with multiple spindles – or even working with someone else’s plan – can be tricky. … The post How to Design Furniture With Spindles appeared first on Popular Woodworking Magazine.
- Benchcrafted: Not a Review – an EndorsementRecently one of the leg vises in my shop cracked. The vise chop snapped and the garter on the wooden … The post Benchcrafted: Not a Review – an Endorsement appeared first on Popular Woodworking Magazine.
- Workbenches: With Experience Comes SimplicityFor the many-hundredth time last week, I explained the virtues of simple workbenches to a skeptical audience of 10 workbench … The post Workbenches: With Experience Comes Simplicity appeared first on Popular Woodworking Magazine.
- Dent the Wood for Tighter Joints
LostArtPress on InstagramLong-time dream fulfilled. Reprinting John Brown’s classic book. The print job is spectacular. Thanks to @mattysearsworks for his help. And @welshchairmaker for his support.Apart from my chairs, this is one of my favorite projects — a liquor and LP cabinet. And after I’m dead, the shelves come out and Lucy saves $800 at the funeral home.This stage of construction always makes me think of the Iron Throne.
- The Final Touches on ‘Hands Employed Aright’ blog.lostartpress.com/2018/06/24/the… https://t.co/FUSQpUwKX3 1 day ago
- Ingenious Mechanicks – on review overthewireless.com/2018/06/24/ing… #woodworking #feedly 1 day ago
- The Last of the Signature Plates blog.lostartpress.com/2018/06/23/the… https://t.co/5ezpL40kJo 1 day ago
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Joshua Klein’s biography of Jonathan Fisher, “Hands Employed Aright,” needs only a few tweaks today before it goes into production with our prepress agency. With any luck, the finished book should be in our hands in early August. Even though … Continue reading
Because of a variety of factors outside of our control, we are discontinuing the autographed signature plates included with the books I’ve written. We have a fair number left right now. But will likely run out this summer. So if … Continue reading
My daughter Maddy reports that we’re nearing the end of this latest batch of stickers, which includes the awesome/weird “Disobey” sticker designed by Jason Weaver. Maddy has graduated from Ohio State University and is headed for her first job at … Continue reading
Hey, if you’d like to read the latest on the Crucible lump hammer, check out this brief blog entry. — Christopher Schwarz
There are lots of vernacular stick chairs styles out there if you do a little digging. Researcher Suzanne Ellison has been turning over a lot of rocks lately to find stick chairs in countries such as Sweden, Germany and Italy. … Continue reading
Lately someone anonymous has been sending artisanal cured meats – charcuterie – to the Lost Art Press storefront. Addressed to “Professor Bespokus,” each small package has contained two lovely sausages but no indicator as to who sent them. The meats … Continue reading