Search this Blog
How to Register to Leave a CommentYou can get a WordPress username to comment using this link.
My Personal Site & Gallery
- On Woodworking MagazinesI’m leaving the world of woodworking magazines after 22 years as an editor, writer and builder. But I don’t think … The post On Woodworking Magazines appeared first on Popular Woodworking Magazine.
- Tool Reviews: You Are Not Your ToolboxOne of the personal agonies of writing this blog was dealing with tool reviews. I love my tools, and I … The post Tool Reviews: You Are Not Your Toolbox appeared first on Popular Woodworking Magazine.
- The Beginning of the End (of this Weblog)After 13 years and thousands of entries, it’s time to shutter this blog and move on to other things with … The post The Beginning of the End (of this Weblog) appeared first on Popular Woodworking Magazine.
- Fix Those Wonky DowelsOne of the great frustrations of using dowels in woodwork is that they are rarely round and they are almost … The post Fix Those Wonky Dowels appeared first on Popular Woodworking Magazine.
- On Woodworking Magazines
LostArtPress on Instagram@mollybrown.ink made this print of the Welsh Stick Chair that @welshchairmaker has built for his book. It’s glorious and is now hanging at our storefront.Cherry work counter. 38" H x 78" W x 24” D (96.5cm x 198.1cm x 61cm). Except for the slab top, the case is fully frame-and-panel construction. Behind the two doors is one adjustable shelf. The asymmetrical drawer layout was “borrowed” from a Mt. Lebanon Shaker built-in. Not only is this a really nice design, but it’s a handy work counter in the kitchen, or a sideboard and serving counter in the dining room. DENNIS GRIGGS PHOTO (Plans included in book) — from “Shaker Inspirations” by Christian Becksvoort #Shaker_InspirationsThe new book from Christian Becksvoort (@chbecksvoort49) is now available for pre-publication ordering. Customers who order before the book ships in November will receive a free pdf download at checkout. The book is $43.
- ‘The Intelligent Hand’ Now Shipping blog.lostartpress.com/2018/10/15/the… https://t.co/rnERrDBsgn 16 hours ago
- Let it begin. popularwoodworking.com/woodworking-bl… 2 days ago
- New in Store: ‘Shaker Inspiration’ by Christian Becksvoort blog.lostartpress.com/2018/10/14/new… https://t.co/VYkuxrUIaN 2 days ago
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Today I received my copies of David Savage’s “The Intelligent Hand,” and I was so relieved I thought I might cry. This has been one of the most emotional projects I’ve worked on. Apologies for discarding the veneer of normal … Continue reading
Christian Becksvoort’s new book “Shaker Inspiration: Five Decades of Fine Craftsmanship” is now available for pre-publication ordering. The book is $43 and will ship in November 2018. All customers who order the book before it ships will receive a free … Continue reading
I’m still in Germany, but Brendan Gaffney and Megan Fitzpatrick will open the Lost Art Press storefront to the public today from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. The store is located at 837 Willard St. in Covington, Ky. We’ll have … Continue reading
Registration is now open for the following first-half 2019 Lost Art Press classes (do sign up for the waitlists if you don’t immediately make it in): • Staked High Stool with Christopher Schwarz, Jan. 19 & 20 • Anarchist’s Tool … Continue reading
“Persistence and the courage that goes with persistence are needed, but as the work grows so does the interest. We end by finding ourselves entering upon a new and most illuminating heritage, illuminating because only by the intent, patient work … Continue reading
I’ve always used octagonal legs on my stick chairs because the geometry makes sense to my modern head. Cut the four-sided leg from a plank. Then plane down the four corners to create an octagon. But when you study old … Continue reading