Search this Blog
How to Register to Leave a CommentYou can get a WordPress username to comment using this link.
- Windsor Sawbenches at Highland Hardware January 17, 2015 – January 19, 2015
- Alabama Woodworkers Guild February 13, 2015 – February 15, 2015
- Australia Tour February 21, 2015 – March 15, 2015
- Kelly Mehler, Riveted Trunk March 28, 2015 – March 30, 2015
- Oregon Woodworkers Guild. April 9, 2015 – April 13, 2015
- Marc Adams School of Woodworking, Handplane Weekend April 25, 2015 – April 27, 2015
- WoodWorkers Club Class, Rockville, Md. Knockdown Nicholson Workbench May 4, 2015 – May 9, 2015 Matt Nauman Director The Woodworkers Club 11910-L Parklawn Drive Rockville, MD 20852 301.984.9033
- Handworks, Amana, Iowa May 15, 2015 at 8:00 am – May 17, 2015 at 9:00 am
Peter Galbert's "Windsor Fundamentals"
"Roubo on Furniture"
"Oak Furniture: The British Tradition"
Roorkee chairs (into the leather now)
Queens of the Stone Age
Anything Belgian or saison
LostArtPress on Instagram
- Friday: A Tantalizing Peek at the Studley Tool Chest wp.me/p19928-31q 7 hours ago
- Suzanne Ellison’s ‘L’art du corbeau’ wp.me/p19928-31m 21 hours ago
- The official corporate sponsor of the Studley Tool Chest shoot. http://t.co/pXJonY7qTg 3 days ago
Category Archives: Campaign Furniture
One of the things I enjoy about this chair form is that it never gets boring for me (but I don’t think I’ve been bored since age 11). Though this is the 24th Roorkee I’ve built during the last three … Continue reading
If you don’t check my blog at Popular Woodworking Magazine, here are a couple of items you might be interested in. I’m finishing off two Roorkee chairs this week and am using some different hardware bits that are working out … Continue reading
Even though I’ve been writing for newspapers and magazines for 25 years, it’s still a thrill to be on the cover or the front page. This month, a campaign-style bookcase I built for a customer is on the cover of … Continue reading
When I wrote “Campaign Furniture,” I tried to avoid some of the “camp” campaign pieces – mostly pieces of furniture that had been adapted to plastic modern versions and available for sale at Bed, Bath & Beyond. But this week, … Continue reading
I leave for England Saturday to teach two classes for the New English Workshop at Warwickshire College, but before that English experience, I have to tend to another. Today I started roughing out the parts for two more Roorkee chairs … Continue reading
During my early research into Roorkee chairs I received at least a dozen e-mails from chairmakers and fellow woodworkers with this simple message: Turn back; the Roorkee is a bad design. Many of these woodworkers had sat in mid-20th century … Continue reading
Campaign birdhouse. It is real. Check it out on my blog at Popular Woodworking Magazine.