Search this Blog
How to Register to Leave a CommentYou can get a WordPress username to comment using this link.
- pick up workbench from steve schmidt December 10, 2014 at 8:00 am – 9:00 am
- Workbench shoot December 11, 2014 at 8:00 am – 9:00 am
- Lie-Nielsen Hand Tool Event Brooklyn January 2, 2015 – January 4, 2015
- Windsor Sawbenches at Highland Hardware January 17, 2015 – January 19, 2015
- Alabama Woodworkers Guild February 13, 2015 – February 15, 2015
- Australia Tour February 21, 2015 – March 15, 2015
- Kelly Mehler, Riveted Trunk March 28, 2015 – March 30, 2015
- Oregon Woodworkers Guild. April 9, 2015 – April 13, 2015
- Marc Adams School of Woodworking, Handplane Weekend April 25, 2015 – April 27, 2015
- WoodWorkers Club Class, Rockville, Md. Knockdown Nicholson Workbench May 4, 2015 – May 9, 2015 Matt Nauman Director The Woodworkers Club 11910-L Parklawn Drive Rockville, MD 20852 301.984.9033
Peter Galbert's "Chairmaker's Notebook"
"Roubo on Furniture"
"Oak Furniture: The British Tradition"
Roorkee chairs (into the leather now)
Another tool chest
Queens of the Stone Age
White Rajha IPA
LostArtPress on Instagram
- RT @mcrawley96: Enjoying a new episode of Roy & @RudeMechanic while working out of my recently completed Dutch Chest on a rainy day. http:/… 18 hours ago
- RT @ogrepraxy: A great #Austin morning at the #LieNielsenHandToolEvent with @txheritageww and markbuildsit. Come by… instagram.com/p/vq6lbTGWpE/ 1 day ago
- RT @TomFidgen: Furniture & Cabinetmaking Issue 225 - #UnpluggedLove #HandSawsInTheModernWoodshop http://t.co/Oho0Ywqir2 1 day ago
Category Archives: Campaign Furniture
After building 27 Roorkee chairs myself and teaching students to build 35 more, I’m ready to make a DVD to share the turning, joinery and leatherwork necessary to build one of these campaign-style chairs. I’ll be filming the DVD at … Continue reading
There’s little doubt that Kaare Klint’s “Safari Chair” was directly inspired by Roorkee chairs built during the late Victorian era. The chairs are so close in dimension that I use the same leather patterns when building an 1898 Roorkee chair … Continue reading
One of the things I enjoy about this chair form is that it never gets boring for me (but I don’t think I’ve been bored since age 11). Though this is the 24th Roorkee I’ve built during the last three … Continue reading
If you don’t check my blog at Popular Woodworking Magazine, here are a couple of items you might be interested in. I’m finishing off two Roorkee chairs this week and am using some different hardware bits that are working out … Continue reading
Even though I’ve been writing for newspapers and magazines for 25 years, it’s still a thrill to be on the cover or the front page. This month, a campaign-style bookcase I built for a customer is on the cover of … Continue reading
When I wrote “Campaign Furniture,” I tried to avoid some of the “camp” campaign pieces – mostly pieces of furniture that had been adapted to plastic modern versions and available for sale at Bed, Bath & Beyond. But this week, … Continue reading