Search this Blog
How to Register to Leave a CommentYou can get a WordPress username to comment using this link.
My Personal Site & Gallery
- Dent the Wood for Tighter JointsWe’ve all dented some important part of a project and hand to remove the dent with heat and steam. It’s … The post Dent the Wood for Tighter Joints appeared first on Popular Woodworking Magazine.
- How to Design Furniture With SpindlesDesigning a piece of furniture with multiple spindles – or even working with someone else’s plan – can be tricky. … The post How to Design Furniture With Spindles appeared first on Popular Woodworking Magazine.
- Benchcrafted: Not a Review – an EndorsementRecently one of the leg vises in my shop cracked. The vise chop snapped and the garter on the wooden … The post Benchcrafted: Not a Review – an Endorsement appeared first on Popular Woodworking Magazine.
- Workbenches: With Experience Comes SimplicityFor the many-hundredth time last week, I explained the virtues of simple workbenches to a skeptical audience of 10 workbench … The post Workbenches: With Experience Comes Simplicity appeared first on Popular Woodworking Magazine.
- Dent the Wood for Tighter Joints
LostArtPress on InstagramLong-time dream fulfilled. Reprinting John Brown’s classic book. The print job is spectacular. Thanks to @mattysearsworks for his help. And @welshchairmaker for his support.Apart from my chairs, this is one of my favorite projects — a liquor and LP cabinet. And after I’m dead, the shelves come out and Lucy saves $800 at the funeral home.This stage of construction always makes me think of the Iron Throne.
- The Final Touches on ‘Hands Employed Aright’ blog.lostartpress.com/2018/06/24/the… https://t.co/FUSQpUwKX3 1 day ago
- Ingenious Mechanicks – on review overthewireless.com/2018/06/24/ing… #woodworking #feedly 1 day ago
- The Last of the Signature Plates blog.lostartpress.com/2018/06/23/the… https://t.co/5ezpL40kJo 1 day ago
Category Archives: To Make as Perfectly as Possible, Roubo Translation
We’re eager to ship out copies of the deluxe “Roubo on Furniture Making,” but are still waiting for the custom boxes to be delivered to our warehouse. Note: When I write “custom boxes” I am referring to cardboard shipping containers, … Continue reading
The deluxe edition of “Roubo on Furniture” is currently at the bindery in New Mexico. There, in addition to binding the pages, employees are making the custom slipcases for the books. The latest word we have from the bindery is … Continue reading
This is an excerpt from “To Make as Perfectly as Possible: Roubo on Marquetry” by André-Jacob Roubo; translation by Donald C. Williams, Michele Pietryka-Pagán & Philippe Lafargue. One of the joys of researching the old ways of doing things is that every … Continue reading
Are you a little bit obsessed with the workshop in Roubo’s Plate 11? Do you need a new poster for your shop or new wallpaper for your computer screen or tablet? Do you really, really want to see the wood … Continue reading
When translating Andre Roubo’s “l’Art du menuisier,” we debated converting all of his dimensions to U.S. Customary Units or metric. After some discussion, we decided to leave them as-is for the same reason that we tried to maintain Roubo’s writing … Continue reading
It was never supposed to happen like this, but I’m a believer in fate. During the last seven days we have closed the books – so to speak – on two of the projects that have dogged us every day … Continue reading
Good news: The printing plant has completed the standard edition of “With All the Precision Possible: Roubo on Furniture” more than two weeks ahead of schedule. The book will arrive in the warehouse on Monday and will almost certainly ship … Continue reading