Search this Blog
How to Register to Leave a CommentYou can get a WordPress username to comment using this link.
- A What? A Dovetailed Dustpan?One of the great things about working for editor Megan Fitzpatrick is that she will laugh at your face and then (usually) go along with your crazy ideas. Case in point: the dovetailed dustpan in the June 2017 issue of Popular Woodworking Magazine. When I submitted my sketches of a shop-made dustpan and asked to write an article, I strongly suspect she though […]
- Insomnia – the Greatest Design DrugFor the last 20 odd years I have benefited from regular bouts of insomnia. When they happen, I’ll wake about 4 a.m., roll over and my head will spin with several conflicting images, usually relating to something on my workbench from the past, present or future. For years I tried to get back to sleep when this happened. When Lucy and I had children who were y […]
- Call it Done (For Now)After the worst Thursday on record, I awoke the next morning and resolved to sort out this stool. I needed more maple, so I headed to Frank Paxton Hardwoods and found the perfect board waiting for me. Straight. Clear. Flat. Reasonably priced. So I assumed I’d get into a car accident on the way home. (No collisions.) I milled the new seat, assuming it would b […]
- Failing Daily Since 1993After the 2016 election, I did what every sane American did: I eliminated the annoying people from my social media feeds on both the left and the right who had become singularly obsessed with politics. And then I took another healthy step: I eliminated feeds from the “fake perfectionists.” Who are the “fake perfectionists?” You probably know them. They are t […]
- A What? A Dovetailed Dustpan?
LostArtPress on Instagram
- ‘The Intelligent Hand’ by David Savage blog.lostartpress.com/2017/03/30/the… https://t.co/LKbJL1Urb5 9 hours ago
- Photo Gallery – Lie-Nielsen 35th Anniversary blog.lostartpress.com/2017/03/30/pho… https://t.co/gWcdh3KeXG 11 hours ago
- RT @danforthfrance: A group of male Twitter followers is called an Actually. 14 hours ago
Category Archives: With All the Precision Possible
The opportunity to be listed as a subscriber in the deluxe version of “With All the Precision Possible: Roubo on Furniture” ends at midnight tonight. After midnight, that door is closed. During the last few weeks we’ve received some pushback … Continue reading
The deadline to be listed as a subscriber in the deluxe version of “With All the Precision Possible: Roubo on Furniture” is midnight on Wednesday, March 15. No exceptions. We need to send the list of subscribers to the printing … Continue reading
Don Williams says his love of learning was probably fostered by the fact that his father was going through seminary when he was a child. Don grew up in a household without television. Instead, his family listened to classical music … Continue reading
This is an excerpt from “With All the Precision Possible: Roubo on Furniture Making” by Donald C. Williams, Michele Pietryka-Pagán & Philippe Lafargue. The elongation of wood should also be put among the number of assemblages, its application being very useful, given … Continue reading