Search this Blog
How to Register to Leave a CommentYou can get a WordPress username to comment using this link.
My Personal Site & Gallery
- Enough Glue Brushes for 720 Years of WorkI am fond of using acid brushes – sometimes called “flux brushes” – for spreading glue. And I have used … The post Enough Glue Brushes for 720 Years of Work appeared first on Popular Woodworking Magazine.
- Pinch Dogs to the Rescue (I Hope)Like pocket screws, traditional pinch dogs are a great way to join odd assemblies or to use them in … The post Pinch Dogs to the Rescue (I Hope) appeared first on Popular Woodworking Magazine.
- Pocket Screws for Chairmaking? (Yes)The first time I became aware of pocket screws I was standing in a Grizzly Industrial showroom handing out free … The post Pocket Screws for Chairmaking? (Yes) appeared first on Popular Woodworking Magazine.
- Meet Nancy Hiller, Author of ‘English Arts & Crafts Furniture’Nancy Hiller’s new book, “English Arts & Crafts Furniture,” is an outstanding piece of research and writing. If … The post Meet Nancy Hiller, Author of ‘English Arts & Crafts Furniture’ appeared first on Popular Woodworking Magazine.
- Enough Glue Brushes for 720 Years of Work
LostArtPress on InstagramPenny Turkey the Commerce Cat would like to remind you that we are running low on bandanas. Order now or blah blah blah.The @benchcrafted Hi-Vise is great for wacky parts. Thanks to @burnheartmade for assembling it.Free Plate 11 stickers (courtesy of our researcher Suzanne Ellison) at our storefront in Covington, Ky., today.
- RT @lovecrossbones: Thank you Chris. I got my fair share of transphobia when I came out in woodworking communities. And thank you for putti… 12 hours ago
- You Are the Problem blog.lostartpress.com/2018/07/15/you… https://t.co/0YW1PiG7K0 18 hours ago
- RT @_infrareal_: Here’s the top view of the Japanese style platform bed I’m making (sans slats). No one will ever know it but me, but I’ll… 1 day ago
Category Archives: Lost Art Press Storefront
The Lost Art Press storefront will be open to the public from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. this coming Saturday. While Megan Fitzpatrick will be gorging herself on lobster and Downeast Cider, Brendan Gaffney and I will be working dutifully … Continue reading
On our website, John and I frequently discuss the mechanical aspects of our books. But sometimes I worry our technical jargon is lost on some. To help remedy that, here’s a short video on the mechanical aspects of our books. … Continue reading
We adore Nancy Hiller’s new book “English Arts & Crafts Furniture,” even though we didn’t publish it. So we have gladly agreed to host a book-release party at 7 p.m. Aug. 11 at our storefront in Covington, Ky. You can … Continue reading
Normally around this time every month Chris writes a blog post to tell you that the Lost Art Press storefront in Covington, Ky., will be open on the coming Saturday. But with Chris visiting his (kind of) ancestral homeland, it’s … Continue reading
This Saturday we are opening the doors at Lost Art Press, and there is a lot of stuff going on. Here are the parts that I can remember: Tools. Brendan, Megan and I are selling off our excess tools. I’m … Continue reading
If you plan to come to one of our open days, might I recommend May 12? On that day we will have a surplus tool sale where Megan, Brendan and I are going to dispose of all the extra woodworking … Continue reading