Search this Blog
How to Register to Leave a CommentYou can get a WordPress username to comment using this link.
My Personal Site & Gallery
- Dent the Wood for Tighter JointsWe’ve all dented some important part of a project and hand to remove the dent with heat and steam. It’s … The post Dent the Wood for Tighter Joints appeared first on Popular Woodworking Magazine.
- How to Design Furniture With SpindlesDesigning a piece of furniture with multiple spindles – or even working with someone else’s plan – can be tricky. … The post How to Design Furniture With Spindles appeared first on Popular Woodworking Magazine.
- Benchcrafted: Not a Review – an EndorsementRecently one of the leg vises in my shop cracked. The vise chop snapped and the garter on the wooden … The post Benchcrafted: Not a Review – an Endorsement appeared first on Popular Woodworking Magazine.
- Workbenches: With Experience Comes SimplicityFor the many-hundredth time last week, I explained the virtues of simple workbenches to a skeptical audience of 10 workbench … The post Workbenches: With Experience Comes Simplicity appeared first on Popular Woodworking Magazine.
- Dent the Wood for Tighter Joints
LostArtPress on InstagramLong-time dream fulfilled. Reprinting John Brown’s classic book. The print job is spectacular. Thanks to @mattysearsworks for his help. And @welshchairmaker for his support.Apart from my chairs, this is one of my favorite projects — a liquor and LP cabinet. And after I’m dead, the shelves come out and Lucy saves $800 at the funeral home.This stage of construction always makes me think of the Iron Throne.
- The Final Touches on ‘Hands Employed Aright’ blog.lostartpress.com/2018/06/24/the… https://t.co/FUSQpUwKX3 14 hours ago
- Ingenious Mechanicks – on review overthewireless.com/2018/06/24/ing… #woodworking #feedly 15 hours ago
- The Last of the Signature Plates blog.lostartpress.com/2018/06/23/the… https://t.co/5ezpL40kJo 1 day ago
Category Archives: Lost Art Press Storefront
The Lost Art Press storefront in Covington, Ky., will be open this Saturday with lots of interesting stuff to try and to see. Here’s what you’ll find if you pay us a visit. An authentic Douro chair. I’m studying this … Continue reading
The new roof on the Electric Horse Garage is complete. The electricity is in and flowing. The last bit of the puzzle (the ductless HVAC) will be installed on Monday. That means we move the big machines next week, and … Continue reading
Megan Fitzpatrick and Brendan Gaffney will staff the Lost Art Press storefront this Saturday so I can have a weekend with my wife (it’s our 25th anniversary). There have been lots of changes at the storefront, 837 Willard St. in … Continue reading
I have never been so happy to hear from a roofer. After 10 weeks of waiting for my number to come up, Brian the Roofer called to say his crew will begin the job Monday afternoon or Tuesday morning. Barring … Continue reading
When I purchased my shop building in Covington, Ky., I swore I wasn’t going to open a woodworking school. And, in all honesty, I still don’t want to run a school or return to teaching. I will, however, allow my … Continue reading
This Saturday, Dec. 9, will be the last day the Lost Art Press storefront will be open for 2017 (our next open day will be Jan. 13, 2018). So if you need holiday gifts or something with a personal signature, … Continue reading