Search this Blog
How to Register to Leave a CommentYou can get a WordPress username to comment using this link.
- Oregon Woodworkers Guild. April 9, 2015 – April 13, 2015
- Lie-Nielsen Hand Tool Event, Cincinnati, Ohio April 17, 2015 – April 19, 2015
- Marc Adams School of Woodworking, Handplane Weekend April 25, 2015 – April 27, 2015
- WoodWorkers Club Class, Rockville, Md. Knockdown Nicholson Workbench May 4, 2015 – May 9, 2015
- Handworks, Amana, Iowa May 15, 2015 at 8:00 am – May 17, 2015 at 9:00 am
- Furniture Institute of Massachusetts, Anarchist's Tool Chest June 22, 2015 – June 29, 2015
- Course for Aspiring Woodworkers at N.E.W. July 13, 2015 – July 18, 2015
- Knockdown Nicholson Workbench N.E.W. July 20, 2015 – July 25, 2015
- Build a Roubo Workbench, Connecticut Valley School of Woodworking August 10, 2015 – August 15, 2015
"Furniture of Necessity"
"Breakfast of Champions"
Second Staked backstool
Eagles of Death Metal "Peace, Love and Death Metal"
Trader Joe's "Vintage Ale"
LostArtPress on Instagram
- RT @SikesAaron: @rudemechanic Great article on Jennie Alexander's chairs. Another project for the "one of these days" stack. 13 hours ago
- New T-shirts, New Shipping, New World wp.me/p19928-3e4 13 hours ago
- International Shipping Update wp.me/p19928-3e1 1 day ago
Category Archives: Saws
The labour of the sawyer is applied to the division of large pieces of timber or logs into forms and sizes to suit the purposes of the carpenter and joiner. His working place is called a saw-pit, and his almost … Continue reading
Rather than attempt to explain the specific details of French style trestle sawing, I have attempted to translate two the of the best primary French sources on sawing timber. The translations are not polished, but they will begin to help … Continue reading
300. Edward Turner was indicted for stealing, on the 4th of November, 1 saw, value 1l. 7s., the goods of William Beal, and that he had been before convicted of felony. William Beal. I am a sawyer, and live at … Continue reading
The muſcular ſtrength of the Indian is ſtill leſs than might be expected from the appearance of the texture of his frame. Two Engliſh ſawyers have performed in one day the work of thirty-two Indians: allowances made for the difference … Continue reading
The long saw, pit saw, or whip saw, which follows in the table, is also the next saw that is commonly applied to the piece of timber, which is then placed over the saw-pit, in order that the saw may … Continue reading
Behold thoſe Monarch-Oaks that riſe, With lofty Branches to the Skies, Have large proportion’d Roots that grow With equal Longitude below: Two Bards that now in faſhion reign, Moſt aptly this Device explain: If This to Clouds and Stars will … Continue reading