Search this Blog
How to Register to Leave a CommentYou can get a WordPress username to comment using this link.
My Personal Site & Gallery
- Tool Reviews: You Are Not Your ToolboxOne of the personal agonies of writing this blog was dealing with tool reviews. I love my tools, and I … The post Tool Reviews: You Are Not Your Toolbox appeared first on Popular Woodworking Magazine.
- The Beginning of the End (of this Weblog)After 13 years and thousands of entries, it’s time to shutter this blog and move on to other things with … The post The Beginning of the End (of this Weblog) appeared first on Popular Woodworking Magazine.
- Fix Those Wonky DowelsOne of the great frustrations of using dowels in woodwork is that they are rarely round and they are almost … The post Fix Those Wonky Dowels appeared first on Popular Woodworking Magazine.
- An Economy Tri-bolt for Folding StoolsThree-legged folding stools need a “tri-bolt” to allow the legs to fold in and out. Years ago, Tandy Leather offered … The post An Economy Tri-bolt for Folding Stools appeared first on Popular Woodworking Magazine.
- Tool Reviews: You Are Not Your Toolbox
LostArtPress on InstagramCherry work counter. 38" H x 78" W x 24” D (96.5cm x 198.1cm x 61cm). Except for the slab top, the case is fully frame-and-panel construction. Behind the two doors is one adjustable shelf. The asymmetrical drawer layout was “borrowed” from a Mt. Lebanon Shaker built-in. Not only is this a really nice design, but it’s a handy work counter in the kitchen, or a sideboard and serving counter in the dining room. DENNIS GRIGGS PHOTO (Plans included in book) — from “Shaker Inspirations” by Christian Becksvoort #Shaker_InspirationsThe new book from Christian Becksvoort (@chbecksvoort49) is now available for pre-publication ordering. Customers who order before the book ships in November will receive a free pdf download at checkout. The book is $43.The last beer in Germany. An Airbrau at 9 a.m. A heartfelt thanks to everyone in Wales and Munich who made my trip an exhausting delight.
- ‘The Intelligent Hand’ Now Shipping blog.lostartpress.com/2018/10/15/the… https://t.co/rnERrDBsgn 6 hours ago
- Let it begin. popularwoodworking.com/woodworking-bl… 1 day ago
- New in Store: ‘Shaker Inspiration’ by Christian Becksvoort blog.lostartpress.com/2018/10/14/new… https://t.co/VYkuxrUIaN 1 day ago
Category Archives: The Naked Woodworker DVD
Mike Siemsen at the Mike Siemsen School of Woodworking is now accepting students for his third Hand Tool Immersion class on May 29 through June 5 at his shop in Chisago City, Minn. This low-cost, all-in, communal-cooking experience is designed … Continue reading
Mike “The Naked Woodworker” Siemsen made mallets for 18 students in my upcoming “Hand Tool Immersion” class at the Marc Adams School of Woodworking. This low-cost class is aimed at beginning woodworkers with young families who have few tools, money … Continue reading
Several Lost Art Press authors will be available at Handworks to sign your books. If you want to get Don Williams and Narayan Nayar to sign “Virtuoso: The Tool Cabinet and Workbench of Henry O. Studley,” they have set up … Continue reading
The best words of advice I’ve heard sound simple until you give them some thought. Here are three things to consider. “Good beekeepers have to figure some things out for themselves.” This was a simple statement made by a beekeeper … Continue reading
The workbench that Mike Siemsen builds in the DVD “The Naked Woodworker” doesn’t have a single vise, but it can perform all the standard woodworking operations. To prove this point, we asked Mike to make a short video that demonstrated … Continue reading
Mike Siemsen, the host of “The Naked Woodworker” DVD, has a new video that is being streamed through the Craftsy.com site on building benches and boxes with basic hand tools. The seven-part high-definition video takes a bootstrap approach to getting … Continue reading