Search this Blog
How to Register to Leave a CommentYou can get a WordPress username to comment using this link.
My Personal Site & Gallery
- Dent the Wood for Tighter JointsWe’ve all dented some important part of a project and hand to remove the dent with heat and steam. It’s … The post Dent the Wood for Tighter Joints appeared first on Popular Woodworking Magazine.
- How to Design Furniture With SpindlesDesigning a piece of furniture with multiple spindles – or even working with someone else’s plan – can be tricky. … The post How to Design Furniture With Spindles appeared first on Popular Woodworking Magazine.
- Benchcrafted: Not a Review – an EndorsementRecently one of the leg vises in my shop cracked. The vise chop snapped and the garter on the wooden … The post Benchcrafted: Not a Review – an Endorsement appeared first on Popular Woodworking Magazine.
- Workbenches: With Experience Comes SimplicityFor the many-hundredth time last week, I explained the virtues of simple workbenches to a skeptical audience of 10 workbench … The post Workbenches: With Experience Comes Simplicity appeared first on Popular Woodworking Magazine.
- Dent the Wood for Tighter Joints
LostArtPress on InstagramLong-time dream fulfilled. Reprinting John Brown’s classic book. The print job is spectacular. Thanks to @mattysearsworks for his help. And @welshchairmaker for his support.Apart from my chairs, this is one of my favorite projects — a liquor and LP cabinet. And after I’m dead, the shelves come out and Lucy saves $800 at the funeral home.This stage of construction always makes me think of the Iron Throne.
- The Final Touches on ‘Hands Employed Aright’ blog.lostartpress.com/2018/06/24/the… https://t.co/FUSQpUwKX3 14 hours ago
- Ingenious Mechanicks – on review overthewireless.com/2018/06/24/ing… #woodworking #feedly 15 hours ago
- The Last of the Signature Plates blog.lostartpress.com/2018/06/23/the… https://t.co/5ezpL40kJo 1 day ago
Category Archives: Crucible Tool
Today Raney and I shot this short video on how to sharpen dividers with an all-purpose tip. These instructions work with any dividers, including our own. Next up: How to modify the tips to do interesting things. — Christopher Schwarz
And I do it for you. Details on the Crucible blog here. — Christopher Schwarz
This evening I posted a rant at Crucible Tool about our holdfasts. I’m not very good at rants and need to take some lessons from Raney. Still, here is is. — Christopher Schwarz
I’ve just posted a blog entry that shows the evolution of the Crucible Improved Pattern Dividers (and explained why they have that name. Check it out here. — Christopher Schwarz
During the last two months, John, Raney and I have been building up our inventory of dividers, holdfasts and design curves at Crucible Tool to ensure we don’t run out during the holidays. We’ve also been working on a new … Continue reading
During the day, I hold a pair of our Crucible dividers and rub them like a worry stone or a rosary as I write, think or ponder my path forward at my workbench or my laptop. The curves and chamfers … Continue reading