Download an Excerpt from ‘Woodworking in Estonia’

Puutyo-3mm_Page_126_Image_0002

FIG. 125. Traveling chest (reisikast), Pöide, ERM 16601.

I’ve prepared a 56-page excerpt from “Woodworking in Estonia” that you can download and (I hope) enjoy. The excerpt includes Peter Follansbee’s introduction to the book, plus a section on axes and a chapter on making containers from multiple boards (it’s like cooperage, but also not like it).

Here’s the pdf download: Woodworking_in_Estonia_excerpt

The book is available for pre-publication order for $29 in our store – copies should start shipping the first week of August (though factory schedules, inclement weather and postal delays can always delay us).

Don’t forget that we are now shipping to Canadians from our Canadian warehouse (details on that here). And that all prices include shipping.

This entry was posted in Downloads, Uncategorized, Woodworking in Estonia. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Download an Excerpt from ‘Woodworking in Estonia’

1. azezo1 says:

Well, since I have every book that you’ve published to date, I guess there’s no point in stopping now. Order placed.

2. Dan Haggerty says:

I ordered this book the day you made it available for sale, because I support your company. I must admit that at first it seemed like an odd project; but you have been ahead of the curve for a number of years, so why not. I wasn’t interested in campaign furniture before I read your book on that topic. I have been reading the excerpt you generously posted on your blog and I still think that it is an odd project. But it is also a very interesting book, like nothing I have ever seen before. Thank you for publishing yet another challenging/fascinating book. I look forward to reading the whole thing.

3. Derek Long says:

Alright, alright, I’ll buy the book. Stop twisting my arm.

4. richmondp says:

Thanks for this excerpt, which only increases my eager anticipation of the publication. For a wonderful historical video of rural Finnish woodworking, in the same spirit as Woodworking in Estonia, check out the following: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAdH54Psy1M

5. tsstahl says:

Fig. 92, page 108; now THAT is a mallet.

6. oakbreath says:

I down loaded the 56 pages and I’m going to read them tonight. I can’t wait for this book, something different and fresh.

7. charlie says:

I usually get all my woodworking knowledge by scrolling at Saw Creek Mill. This book may change that,

8. valjamae says:

Between 1988 and 1991 ETV made show called “Töötuba” (Workshop). Intended audience was young boys (and their fathers) intrested in woodwork. In some episodes are shown old woodwoking masters at their workshops. You can watch barrel making episode here: http://arhiiv.err.ee/guid/201005070643107010010002081001517C41A040000005020B00000D0F006508
    It is in estoninan and mostly talkshow, but maybe someone finds it intresting.