When we said we were going to offer fewer woodworking classes at the Lost Art Press storefront, we meant it…yet we nonetheless have a fair number on offer for the second half of 2020 (plus we’ve added one in June).
You can see the classes now and it looks as if you can buy tickets, but you cannot. The “register now” won’t actually let you register. Tickets will go on sale at 10 a.m. Eastern on Saturday, Feb. 22.
Here are the additions to the lineup at a glance – plus a reminder of our two 2020 Lost Art Press Open Houses:
• Open House – June 13, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
• Build a Jennie Alexander Chair with Ray Schwanenberger, June 15-19
• 3-Day Spoon Carving Intensive with JoJo Wood, July 6-8
• The Bent-leg Greenwood Stool with Brendan Gaffney, July 11-12
• Build an American Welsh Stick Chair with Christopher Schwarz, July 13-17
• Make a Dovetailed Shaker Tray with Megan Fitzpatrick, Aug. 1-2
• Build a Welsh Stick Chair with Christopher Williams, Aug. 29-Sept. 2
• Build an American Welsh Stick Chair with Christopher Schwarz, Sept. 14-18
• Build the Anarchist’s Tool Chest with Megan Fitzpatrick, Sept. 28-Oct. 2
• Make a Carved Oak Box with Peter Follansbee, Oct. 5-9
• Intro to Staked Furniture – Design & Construction with Christopher Schwarz, Oct. 17-18
• Build a Jennie Alexander Chair with Ray Schwanenberger, Oct. 26-30
• Build a Dutch Tool Chest with Megan Fitzpatrick, Nov. 6-8
• Open House – Dec. 12, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
Click through here to our class listings for details on each. Again, tickets for these new-to-the-lineup classes will go on sale at 10 a.m. on Saturday, Feb. 22.
But if you’re itching to take class sooner, there are still a few slots available in the following current classes at Lost Art Press:
• Four Corner Joints & a Dado with Megan Fitzpatrick, March 21-22
• Build a Welsh Backstool with John Porritt, April 6-10
• One-slat Ladderback Chair with Brendan Gaffney, May 1-3
• Build a Sawbench with Megan Fitzpatrick, May 16-17
And in these classes with Brendan and me elsewhere:
• Build a Boarded Bookcase with Megan Fitzpatrick, Feb. 29-March 1, Alaska Creative Woodworker’s Club (Anchorage, Alaska) – Registration closes tomorrow: Sat. Feb. 15
• Build a Dutch Tool Chest with Megan Fitzpatrick, March 4-6, Alaska Creative Woodworker’s Club (Anchorage, Alaska) – Registration closes tomorrow: Sat. Feb. 15
• Build a Frame Chair with Brendan Gaffney, May 11-15, Port Townsend School of Woodworking (Port Townsend, Wash.)
• Build the Anarchist’s Tool Chest with Megan Fitzpatrick, June 1-5, the Woodworking School at Pine Croft (Berea. Ky.)
• Make a Moxon Vise with Megan Fitzpatrick, July 18-19, Port Townsend School of Woodworking
• Build the Anarchist’s Tool Chest (using that Moxon Vise above!) with Megan Fitzpatrick, July 20-24, Port Townsend School of Woodworking
• Post-and-Rung Chair with Brendan Gaffney, July 24-26, the Woodworking School at Pine Croft
10 thoughts on “Second-half 2020 Classes at the Storefront”
Please consider some streaming videos or some DVD.’s for those of us who live several states away (I.e. Iowa) and admire the activities at the storefront from afar?
With respect and admiration,
Thanks for what you do for woodworking,
Here is our answer to your question:
That’s a good answer, and makes sense.
Some day. Several times I have checked to see how long the drive is. 13 hours 25 minutes, door to door.
We also have an airport here, if you’re into that sort of thing. No need for a car in Covington. It’s all walkable.
Worth the drive though.
But my route takes me right by Irion Lumber.
And that would be the most expensive (and wondrous) stop of your trip…..
Turns out I can’t see the courses for the second half of 2020, on either hyperlink. It only shows the first half classes that are open for registration or waitlist. I would like to know more about the spoon carving class before the registration melee.
Weird. They were showing up earlier! And now they are again. Sorry for the glitch!
Comments are closed.