To celebrate the release of Nancy Hiller’s second edition of “Making things Work: Tales from a Cabinetmaker’s Life,” we’re asking you to tell us your own true woodworking tales. The writer of the best tale – as selected by Nancy, Christopher Schwarz and me – will win a $100 gift certificate to the Lost Art Press store (usable online or in person at the storefront). Plus, we’ll serve up the winning tale here, along with our other favorites.
• Your tale must be true (though you can change names to protect the innocent – and not so innocent).
• It can be no longer than 1,000 words.
• Make sure your name, email address and phone number are atop your entry (Pages, Word, PDF…whatever type of file you like, as long as I can open it on a Mac).
• Send your tales to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Tale Entry” in the subject line.
• The deadline to enter is Jan. 15, 2020.
• While not required, an accompanying image would be swell, so that we’ve appropriate art to go with the tales we share on the blog. (It’s either that, or you get a picture of one of the cats to go with it.)
I’ll read all submissions, then pick my top 10 or so to pass on to Nancy and Chris to review; from these, we’ll all weigh in to select the tastiest tale. The winner will be announced before the end of January.