This Saturday, Dec. 14, is the last open day for the Lost Art Press storefront until June 2020. So if you have wanted to visit us, please do stop by sometime between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. Our address is 837 Willard St., Covington, Kentucky 41011.
We have lots going on that day:
- We would like to show you our clock. Ask to see the clock and we’ll take you back to the machine room. Note, you must be 21 or older to “see the clock.” We’ll also have cookies and other pastries on hand that you can eat with your glass of clock.
- At 2 p.m., John Kuntsman will give a demonstration of how to make breadboard ends. It’s a nice presentation – and there will be a free handout for everyone who attends.
- I have just completed another Irish Gibson chair (with a significant flaw). It is based on my research in Ireland. The chair sits well and is close to how the originals looked and sat.
- We have blemished holdfasts and books for sale for 50 percent of retail (cash only for blems).
- There’s a good chance we’ll get a surprise visit from one of our Lost Art Press authors (no, it’s not me).
- Plus we’ll all be here to answer your questions about woodworking or where you should eat.
As I mentioned above, this is the last open day until June 2020. Why? I am so far behind on our publishing schedule that I am cutting back on activities such as this until I can get caught up.
This might be a bummer for you. If so, I apologize. If you are ever passing through town and would like to buy a Lost Art Press book, please visit Downbound Books in the Northside neighborhood at 4139 Apple St., Cincinnati, Ohio 45223. Downbound carries (almost) our complete line.
See you Saturday!
— Christopher Schwarz
1 thought on “Saturday: The Last Open Day Until June 2020”
I will be there for sure… In spirit, and by spirit, I mean I plan on having a look or two or three at a clock of my own on Saturday. Have an awesome time!
Comments are closed.