2019 Anarchist’s Gift Guide, Day 4: WoundSeal Topical Powder

woundseal_IMG_4667

There are occasional times in the shop I gash myself pretty good. I know that I don’t need stitches, but I also don’t want to wait for an hour for the wound to stop bleeding and set up enough that I can go back to work.

Enter WoundSeal – a fantastic powder that will seal up a gash instantly and create a scab that protects the area from further damage. You can buy it at any good drugstore.

First clean out the wound with soap and water. Let the blood well up again (this is important) and then apply the powder. The powder reacts with the blood and bam – the wound is sealed.

WoundSeal says that the stuff doesn’t burn or hurt when you apply it. I haven’t found that to be true. The stuff hurts – briefly. But that’s a small price to pay for the excellent results.

Don’t pick at the scab. I like to cover the scab with a bandage to prevent it from getting caught on something, though WoundSeal says that’s unnecessary.

Buy some today and keep it on hand. You’ll be glad the next time you slip with a chisel.

Disclaimer: We buy all of our tools. We don’t accept advertising or sponsorships. We are not part of any affiliate program. We don’t make any money if you buy these items. We just like these tools.

This entry was posted in Anarchist's Gift Guide, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to 2019 Anarchist’s Gift Guide, Day 4: WoundSeal Topical Powder

1. This seems great. I’ve lost track of how many times I’ve gotten blood on a home improvement project. And I get too impatient waiting for it to stop.

Liked by 1 person

2. Mike Baker says:

“…keep in on hand.” Well played.

3. Mark says:

Sounds similar to a Styptic Pencil for shaving cuts. Those are pain “free”, too.

4. jayedcoins says:

I’ll have to try this (well, hopefully not, but you know). To this point, I’ve used superglue or “liquid skin” — superglue — and it works well enough, but this seems way more convenient.

5. Confessional: I bandage shop nicks and cuts with blue tape. It’s neither sterile nor comfortable (doesn’t stretch), but it’s available on-the-spot and I’m back to work in 12 seconds.

6. E Louis Fairbank says:

Thanks for the tip. I usually use paper towel and electrical tape. Stopping the bleeding is extremely important when working on a bone white spruce soundboard

Liked by 1 person

7. Pascal Teste says:

Thanks for the reminder to buy myself another tube. I have used this stuff a few times and it does work well.

Liked by 1 person

8. Bob Easton says:

Regular ole black pepper does the trick for me, cheap and easily found.
    BTW, the sharper your tools, the cleaner the cut, and the faster it heals.

Comments? Be kind or be gone.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )