Fewer (Much Fewer) Open Days in 2020

LAP-logo

We are reducing the number of days we are opening the storefront to the public in 2020 from 12 days to two days – June 13 and Dec. 12, 2020.

We’re doing this to make more time to edit books and build furniture, which is what I prefer to do at all times when I’m not sleeping or chewing.

All of us enjoy the Saturdays we are open the public. We’ve made some good friends and met some people from far-flung places during the last four years. But the “press” part of Lost Art Press needs to come first, and I’m behind schedule on several book projects.

I’m putting out the news now in case you want to visit during the last two open days in 2019 – Nov. 9 and Dec. 14, 2019. During the December 2019 open day – like last year – we will have the clock in the machine room, which we would like to show you.

If I get back on schedule, we might increase the number of open days in the future. But until then: nose, please meet grindstone.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Fewer (Much Fewer) Open Days in 2020

1. Justin R says:

No shoulder to the wheel…slacker!

2. As one (thankfully) former boss constantly put it, “Asses and elbows! When I look in there, all I want to see is asses and elbows.”

I believe it was intended to encourage faster work. It did not.

• tsstahl says:

That would mean everyone running away from the boss. Very odd motivational tactic. Or maybe just a weird erotic elbow fetish.

Liked by 1 person

• Charlie says:

Older construction workers know exactly what it means.
        Think carpenters (especially framers), rodbusters (rebar tiers, especially slabwork), cement finishers (before power trowels).
        Don’t know if the current generation of construction workers get the same encouragement or not.

• Nathan Garrett says:

Yes, we do. Though we don’t keep nails in our rolled up pant cuffs anymore (so you can keep nailing without standing up) as one old-timer likes to remind me. Just another sign that we have all gone soft.

3. Elaine A Higgins says:

Chris, thanks for the reminder that if we don’t prioritize our own lives, someone else will prioritize them for for us. I’d rather select my own challenges, deadlines, and goals. I may pick a tough row to hoe, but at least it will be my row and my hoe.

Liked by 1 person

4. Andy says:

Thanks for the heads up. Will LAP be at Handworks 2020 next year?

5. Tony Zaffuto says:

The publishing and writing of LAP, is the true gift to our craft, with the books crafted in such a manner, both in construction and content, to be enjoyed for generations. Your decision is the best, as it will expand interest in woodworking and associated crafts!

6. Well now I’m glad I didn’t get around to booking flights for next May. Ha ha.

Comments? Be kind or be gone.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )