As we’ve mentioned a few times, we’re reducing the number of classes for 2020. Despite almost every class selling out, and though we love having folks visit, we are not (sing it with me!) a school, and the many classes have cut into our shop time and editorial work (and my sanity, because I handle all the backend stuff for visiting instructors). But Christopher Schwarz and Brendan Gaffney handle their own backends <insert joke>, and I handle my own <please don’t insert joke>. So we three will be offering a smattering of educational opportunities at the Lost Art Press storefront, as well as a very few from outside instructors.
Do Not Skip the Paragraph Below
Before you read about the January-June 2020 classes below, here’s some important information about our new ticketing policy: We have added a NON-REFUNDABLE registration fee when you sign up. These cover the ticketing system costs, and to go toward such shop and class necessaries as glue, electricity, shop rags and toilet paper (the last two of which are not interchangeable). That fee is $12 per day per student – so for two-day classes it’s $24, for a week-long class it’s $60. Again: It is NON-REFUNDABLE. So please make sure the class dates work for you before you register. (There is a cancellation policy at the bottom of each class description. For most classes, the instructor offers a full refund – minus that non-refundable fee – up to four weeks before a class.)
Also note that each class description on the ticketing site includes a link to “Where to Stay; What to Do,” a page that will help you find accommodations and learn a bit more about why your family might enjoy visiting Greater Cincinnati while you’re busy in the shop.
The classes listed below will go live on Friday, Aug. 30 at 10 a.m. You can look at our “box office” right now on the Ticket Tailor site (and from there click through to each class) – but if you click one of the “Register Now” buttons, it will trick you into thinking you can register today. You cannot. Once a class is sold out (again, tickets go on sale Aug. 30 at 10 a.m. Eastern, and a non-refundable registration fee will be collected at check-out), I will turn on the waitlist function (there is no fee to sign up for the waitlist).
Here are the classes we have planned for the first half of 2020 (note that we might add one or two more – if so, we’ll blog about it and add them to our Ticket Tailor listings).
• Intro to Staked Furniture – Design & Construction, with Christopher Schwarz, Jan. 18-19.
• Build the ‘Anarchist’s Tool Chest’ with Megan Fitzpatrick, Feb. 17-21
• The Greenwood Høj Footstool with Brendan Gaffney, Feb. 29-March 1
• Build an American Welsh Stick Chair with Christopher Schwarz, March 9-13
• 4 Corner Joints & a Dado, with Megan Fitzpatrick, March 21-22
• One-slat Ladderback Chair with Brendan Gaffney, March 27-29
• Intro to Staked Furniture – Design & Construction, with Christopher Schwarz, April 4-5
• One-slat Ladderback Chair with Brendan Gaffney, May 1-3
• Build a Sawbench with Megan Fitzpatrick, May 16-17
• Make a Post-and-rung Ladderback Chair with Brendan Gaffney, May 25-29
• Intro to Staked Furniture – Design & Construction, with Christopher Schwarz, June 6-7
• Build a Dutch Tool Chest with Megan Fitzpatrick, June 26-28
As always, if you have a question, please email me (Megan Fitzpatrick) at firstname.lastname@example.org.