The Return of Kelly Mehler and the Rebirth of a School

3-Opnr-805V4219

Several years ago, Kelly Mehler closed his much-beloved woodworking school in Berea, Ky., to tend to his health and family. A lot of us (former instructors and students) wondered if Kelly would ever open the school’s doors again. Or if it was gone for good.

This week I received a piece of good news. Berea College had acquired the school and is reopening it this summer with Kelly Mehler teaching its first class July 22-27. The school is holding its second class taught by Andy Glenn, who runs Berea College’s woodcraft program.

The school is called The Woodworking School at Pine Croft and is housed in the same building where Kelly ran his school for many years. You can read details about the school and the two new classes at the school’s website.

I’m thrilled that Kelly is returning to teaching and that his school – a warm and welcoming facility – will prosper under the wing of both Berea College and Andy Glenn.

I don’t have any more details. But I’ll report them when I hear them.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to The Return of Kelly Mehler and the Rebirth of a School

1. Bob Easton says:

The best part of this new is that ~apparently~ Kelly has recovered from a serious health crisis. That is very welcome good news! Happy to hear he’s well enough to be back in business. God speed.

Liked by 2 people

2. Peggy Schneider says:

I’m so happy for Kelly and Teri and their awesome school. I’m hopeful that Andy and Berea College will run the school with the same wonderful spirit that the Mehlers did. I just wish I had enough vacation time to go to one of the classes this year!

Liked by 1 person

3. dd knab says:

Spent 10 of the best weeks of my life at Kelly’s school over the years, even with that Schwarz guy as an instructor…………my summers have not been the same since Kelly’s hiatus…….all the best to Teri and Kelly………dale

4. Greg Jones says:

As an additional FYI for this year’s classes, Andy will be assisting Kelly with his class and Kelly will be doing same for Andy’s class, so attendees will get the benefit of both instructors. Should be an excellent learning opportunity!

5. johncashman73 says:

I’m glad to see Kelly teaching. The world seems a little more right.

6. Mike Siemsen says:

Good news!

7. flyandgrain says:

I quite enjoyed my class with Andy Glenn and I’m glad he’s going to be a big part of this school.

8. Steve C says:

Awesome. Some great news

9. I was glad to hear the news when I got my email. One of my best woodworking experiences was there, at his school. I met some guy named Christopher who taught me to build a workbench. Fun times, indeed.