Lump Hammers & Burnishers SOLD OUT

lump2_IMG_7722

We’ve just put up a big batch of lump hammers in the store. And we now have Arno burnishers at a competitive price.

We have another batch of hammers coming (I hope next week) and burnishers are in the pipeline as well.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Lump Hammers & Burnishers SOLD OUT

1. Alex A. says:

Finally got one. Can’t wait to try it out.

2. Dean Mosey says:

Got one!

3. Dominic Crawford says:

Burnishers sold out in less than 40 minutes, it appears.

Looks like I’ll be keeping an eye out for the next order…

4. Jonathan Berndt says:

How many of these did you make? it looks like there are only 3 left! Pretty amazing.

5. MarkYourWaste says:

Seems like Crucible now has a very effective business model. Sell hammers and scrapers!

6. Ricky Pattillo says:

Are the Arno burnishers also expected next week?

7. djmueller says:

Drats! Foiled again. Yinz guys are jag offs!

8. Greg says:

I’m glad I ordered my scraper. It is a fine tool. Why are you guys waiting so long to order your scrapers?

9. Francisco says:

Are you guys using these hammers as a replacement for a wooden mallet? If not, what are you using them for?

• Ricky Pattillo says:

I don’t have the Crucible lump hammer, but I do have a 4lb engineers’ (lump) hammer that I use at the bench. It is significantly heavier than the Crucible lump hammer (2.2 lbs), so while some uses overlap others probably won’t. I use it for setting my holdfasts and mortising, particularly large mortises. I find it far superior than my wooden mallet for those purposes.

I suspect the comparatively light crucible hammer would also work well for those tasks while being light enough to be used for others. I’m sure Chris Schwarz has written that he uses his for assembly and even, I think, to cut joints with beveled edge chisels.

• Al says:

My crucible hammer has replaced my wooden mallet entirely. The weight is perfect for woodworking tasks. Its a bit light for non woodworking stuff, so regular lumps or ball peins get used for other stuff.

Comments? Be kind or be gone.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )