We adore Nancy Hiller’s new book “English Arts & Crafts Furniture,” even though we didn’t publish it. So we have gladly agreed to host a book-release party at 7 p.m. Aug. 11 at our storefront in Covington, Ky.
You can register (it’s free) via this link.
Nancy, as you well know, is a straight-talking, no-BS professional woodworker from Bloomington, Ind., who has written a number of books, including “Making Things Work.” (She’s now working on a book on kitchen design for Lost Art Press.)
During our book-release party next month, Nancy has a number of fun things planned (this time we promise – no prostitutes or single-ply toilet paper will be there).
- Nancy will bring her C.F.A. Voysey two-heart chair (featured in the book) for you to inspect
- She’ll give a short reading from the book
- She’ll sign your copy of “English Arts & Crafts” furniture, plus any other books she has written. Note, we’ll have copies of “English Arts & Crafts” there for you to purchase.
- There will be a pinata. Last time it was a pinata in the shape of a DeWalt biscuit jointer. This time the pinata will be related to the United Kingdom (though I promise it’s not Brexit-related or single-ply toilet paper).
- We will supply drinks and snacks.
All are welcome – feel free to bring your spouse and children. Heck, make an evening out of it. There are lots of great places to eat in Covington. And if you are from out of town, Aug. 11 is a great day to plan a visit to Covington as the Lost Art Press storefront will be open to the public that day from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Again, you can register for the book-release party (it’s free) via this link.
— Christopher Schwarz