Aug. 11: Book-release Party with Nancy Hiller (and a Pinata)

storefront_december2016_img_6757

We adore Nancy Hiller’s new book “English Arts & Crafts Furniture,” even though we didn’t publish it. So we have gladly agreed to host a book-release party at 7 p.m. Aug. 11 at our storefront in Covington, Ky.

You can register (it’s free) via this link.

hiller_cover_IMG_6716Nancy, as you well know, is a straight-talking, no-BS professional woodworker from Bloomington, Ind., who has written a number of books, including “Making Things Work.” (She’s now working on a book on kitchen design for Lost Art Press.)

During our book-release party next month, Nancy has a number of fun things planned (this time we promise – no prostitutes or single-ply toilet paper will be there).

• Nancy will bring her C.F.A. Voysey two-heart chair (featured in the book) for you to inspect
  • She’ll give a short reading from the book
  • She’ll sign your copy of “English Arts & Crafts” furniture, plus any other books she has written. Note, we’ll have copies of “English Arts & Crafts” there for you to purchase.
  • There will be a pinata. Last time it was a pinata in the shape of a DeWalt biscuit jointer. This time the pinata will be related to the United Kingdom (though I promise it’s not Brexit-related or single-ply toilet paper).
  • We will supply drinks and snacks.

All are welcome – feel free to bring your spouse and children. Heck, make an evening out of it. There are lots of great places to eat in Covington. And if you are from out of town, Aug. 11 is a great day to plan a visit to Covington as the Lost Art Press storefront will be open to the public that day from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Again, you can register for the book-release party (it’s free) via this link.

This entry was posted in Lost Art Press Storefront, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Aug. 11: Book-release Party with Nancy Hiller (and a Pinata)

1. nrhiller says:

Also willing to perform handstands on request while people throw tomatoes at me.

• captainjack1024 says:

While I’m not much for handstands and the current tomato crop is still in its early stages, I would pay cash money for a re-enactment of the stuck sliding dovetail scene from the opening of “Making Things Work”. I get such a chuckle out of that (having been there, in spirit…). 😀

2. David Owen Jones says:

Sorry cannot be there. Hopefully I will be able to attend the book-release party when your next book published Lost Art Press comes out.

3. Sean Yates says:

Would you say
    You had a plethora
    If pinatas?

4. Chris F says:

One day I will be there, but sadly not for this party (it’s a 23hr flight for me). Keep writing books Nancy, I’ll make one eventually!

Chris et al: your store front looks great. Those colours are so well chosen. I feel like a nice hand carved sign above your front door wouldn’t go astray though!

5. Roland Stewart Chapman says:

I really like this blog (or whatever it is) . I think I’ve said this before . A pity you don’t post to Oz

• themiddleagedapprentice says:

Carbatec or Lie Nielsen Australia is your friend.The other option is to use a shipping service like Auspost Postmate (ships from Oregon).

If you can't spot the wiener in the comments, it might be you.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w