A Meaty Mystery for Prof. Bespokus

address_label_IMG_1950

Lately someone anonymous has been sending artisanal cured meats – charcuterie – to the Lost Art Press storefront. Addressed to “Professor Bespokus,” each small package has contained two lovely sausages but no indicator as to who sent them.

underground_meats_IMG_1949

The meats aren’t poisonous (I had Megan and Brendan try them out, and they suffered no ill effects). And the meaty delights have become an important part of our lunchtime ritual at the shop.

So whoever you are, oh meat patron, we thank you.

P.S. And if you don’t get the “Professor Bespokus” joke, read this blog entry and it should make (some) sense.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized, Yellow Pine Journalism. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to A Meaty Mystery for Prof. Bespokus

1. SSteve says:

Now is when every reader of your blog claims that they are sending the yummy meats. You’re welcome!

2. hgordon4 says:

LOL – royal tasters…

3. John Switzer says:

Random acts of sausage?

4. Peter says:

Perhaps they were “craft made” “in situ”. Puke.

5. Ha! This is amazing!

6. Peggy Schneider says:

That’s both ingenious and hilarious.

7. Quercus Robur says:

“If you can’t spot the wiener in the comments…”

8. Chris F says:

#sponsored 🙂

BTW, I noticed yesterday that I was able to pre-order Welsh Stick Chairs from Lie Nielsen Australia, so that’s one complaint about no international shipping destroyed. Very nice!

9. Simon says:

Enjoyed both the earlier blog and this but I think your sausage maker is guilty of the same guff! So let’s have some fun with them; India is India, really doesn’t need to be qualified. Vindaloo is from Goa, which is on the west coast of India. So the description as East Indian is a ridiculous as Artisanal, bespoke, etc. not to mention simply wrong.To be fair the confusion was probably started by Columbus, who had a lot to answer for, his massive navigational cock up led him to believe he had reached Asia, hence the Indies (west) and the indigenous people being named Indians.

10. I trust you’ve already ruled me out due to severe lack of glitter… and hinges.

11. holtdoa says:

(Donning my tin foil hat) Maybe this is all staged and Chris is hoping for all manner of Hand Crafted, Artisanal, Regional goodies. My general location is really into Hot Hamburgers. Don’t think they would travel well, but I’m game if you are…

12. Shantanu says:

“If you can’t spot the wiener in the comments, it might be you” takes on a new meaning…

13. shopsweeper says:

I am not involved. I brought brauts that one time to GA but sending meats that I never partake of is not my style.
    #FristWorldSausageProblems

14. Chuck Nickerson says:

I like to think I’m creative and fun-loving, but the deeds of others just blow me away.