Our Old Privacy Policy

LAP_logoLike you, I’ve been bombarded with new privacy policies from Internet companies seeking to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which went into effect on May 25.

We didn’t have to update our privacy policy because here’s what we do with your data: Exactly nothing.

We do not mine our lists to market things to you. We don’t sell, rent or give out your data to anyone. Heck, we don’t even have the technical capacity to see your credit card number. The only time you’ll hear from us is if there is a problem with your order.

If you subscribe to our blog via e-mail, you can unsubscribe with a click using the link at the bottom of every post (including this one). I’m sure we could make a lot more money if we did some of the things in the previous paragraph, but we couldn’t live with ourselves.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Our Old Privacy Policy

1. Alden Butler says:

And this jzwhyiNd obviously a lot of your other customers follow your blog and your company. I and I am sure others keep a list of your merchandise to aquire as I have available funds. Keep up your good work and thank you.

2. Lou Robbio says:

Thank you. Honesty is greatly appreciated. There should be more business people like LAP

Lou

3. ikustwood says:

That’s why we like you , like you and like you .

4. Ron Kanter says:

Sometimes it is really true that the old ways are the best.
    But if your update is not an update does that make it a downrate?
    Not in my opinion.

5. Tom Bittner says:

Thanks!

6. Tal says:

Best interweb policy EVAR!!!

7. taldeus says:

Best interweb policy EVAR!!!

8. Joseph Migliore says:

Good for you

Sent from my iPhone

9. Richard Mahler says:

My, my, a business not compelled to reduce everything and everyone to a dollar value! How unneoliberal of you. How refreshing and admirable. Just one small part of why I am a LAP fan.

10. mike says:

I made the mistake of “unsubscribing” to a shopify list. I thought I was popping a zit, apparently I was simply spreading infected puss around because within a week I was added to at least 20 new shopify mailing lists.

11. boclocks says:

And the orders keep coming in as you keep giving away more and more information, the same thing you sell.

Looks like the business model works.

Would that more folks would notice!

Bo

12. ballisticman says:

Your comments do not exactly ring true….

You sell wax in little tins when you have it available. You sell apparel for the shop upon occasion. In essence you are a dispenser of commercial products just skirting the US Tax Code….

Make no mistake here. Don’t pretend you are like the Criminal Philanderer Donald John Trump who likes to believe something is true merely because he says it…

Regards,

JP

Sent from my iPad

• Mike says:

Huh? “skirting the US tax code?”. Somehow you got a copy of Schwarz’ tax return? Chris said he doesn’t sell your information to third parties, however he is clearly in the business of selling products directly to people.

• Max says:

Do not feed trolls. Do not feed trolls.

13. Hehe, I expected this post for a while, I knew exactly what I was going to read after the title.
    Keep up the good and inspiring work.

14. Gautier says:

Haha best Privacy policy update received ever !

15. Considering the financial benefits of starting a clone website LostAardvarkPress.com specializing in mining personal information and selling “do you not love woodworker” t-shirts.

16. Drew Gillespie says:

Ha ha. If this idea was to spread, there would be …Anarchy !
    Drew

17. And we very much appreciate it! (Love the chore coat, by the way . . . )
    Best regards,
    Rich

Sent from my iPad

18. Kevin VDL says:

LAP and xkcd appear to have the same privacy policy.

19. DT says:

You really are going to make me buy that new book on my wishlist/cart aren’t you? Sheesh.

20. Anthony says:

Well done!

If you can't spot the wiener in the comments, it might be you.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w