The Lost Art Press storefront in Covington, Ky., will be open this Saturday with lots of interesting stuff to try and to see. Here’s what you’ll find if you pay us a visit.
- An authentic Douro chair. I’m studying this chair and its transit case for an upcoming commission. This chair is great fun. It fits inside its case. The case turns into a side table.
- Lots of blemished books for 50 percent off retail. (Cash only, on these, please.) I’m picking up a sizable load of returned orders and books with dinged corners from our warehouse for the Saturday event.
- Megan Fitzpatrick is finishing up a Dutch tool chest.
- Brendan Gaffney is building a beguiling bookcase using persimmon panels that use “recording.”
- The Electric Horse Garage is complete. We have HVAC, electricity, machines and no leaks. Our machine room is simple, but if you saw what we started with in September you might be impressed.
The storefront is at 837 Willard St. in Covington, Ky., and our hours Saturday are from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
If you are looking for other fun stuff to do in the area this weekend.
- Go on a tour of the New Riff Distillery (in Newport next door to Covington). It’s a gorgeous facility. Plus you should stop at Braxton Labs, next door to the distillery, and try some of the unusual beers they are cooking up.
- Sunday is the final day for the Durer exhibit at the Cincinnati Art Museum. Totally free and totally awesome.
- Get a cinnamon roll or brioche tart at Brown Bear Bakery in Over the Rhine, my new obsession.
- Lil’s Bagels (the best bagels I’ve had outside New York) have opened a window on Greenup Street in Covington. Get there early because they sell out almost every day.
— Christopher Schwarz