Though we’re on the eve of Handworks (and are a little ragged around the edges), we’ll open the Covington storefront this Saturday to the public with lots of good stuff to see.
Here’s a quick list of interesting objects:
- We should have some copies of our H.O. Studley poster to sell at the special introductory price of $20. (They are supposed to arrive today.)
- I have two repaired letterpress copies of “Roman Workbenches” we can sell.
- Come try out the new Crucible Design Curves. I have the prototypes at the store now. I’m not sure I’ll have complete sets packaged and ready to sell, however.
- We have lots of blemished and returned Lost Art Press books this month. They are 50 percent off retail (cash only and in-store only).
- Come check out the Swedish gateleg table I just finished (it ships to a customer next month). And I have a couple other pieces that are for sale, including one of my staked three-legged stools with the charred finish.
Plus all the usual stuff: all our books, T-shirts, stickers and gabbing about woodworking.
The storefront is open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and is located at 837 Willard St. in Covington, Ky. The Covington Farmer’s Market will be running the same day from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. It’s a short walk from our store and a great place to get lunch or snacks. And pet a goat.
— Christopher Schwarz