A Repair for ‘Roman Workbenches’

erratum_IMG_8033

If you aren’t satisfied printing out an erratum for page 28 of “Roman Workbenches,” here’s a second repair.

I am printing out the two missing lines from page 28 on some leftover Mohawk paper from the press run. I will be happy to snip them out and mail them to you so you can paste the lines in.

To get your literal snippet, send a Self-addressed Stamped Envelope (SASE) to me at:

Roman Erratum
Lost Art Press
26 Greenbriar Ave.
Fort Mitchell, KY 41017

This entry was posted in Corrections, Roman Workbenches, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to A Repair for ‘Roman Workbenches’

1. steverennells says:

This book was out of my budget so this doesn’t pertain to me, but must say I’m impressed with your efforts to remedy. What other publisher would do this?

2. William Harris says:

Thanks,
    I’ll do it. It will make a great bookmark
    The book is smaller in stature than I hoped, but it is gorgeous.

It makes other books look like magazines. Sorry, I know you still do work for one.

And the binding is great, it opens well, easy to break in.

Please make more books in this way. I have cataracts, but I can read this much better than the litho books.

Thank you for pushing boundaries and discovering new things that better because they are old, like me

Bill Harris
    Sent from my iPhone

3. hgordon4 says:

Very nice Chris. I’d already thought about printing the two lines on crap laser printer paper and pasting that onto the beautiful page in the book. Good of you to go to the trouble to fix this. SASE on its way…

4. martin says:

Should we use hot, liquid hide glue, PVA or some other adhesive 😉

5. benfromtenn says:

This would make a great poster.

6. Salko Safic says:

Legally they should reprint the entire order at their own expense or at the very least offer you a great deal on your next order.

7. gmcdavid says:

Maybe it is just where my interests take me, but this blog is the only place I have seen anyone mention SASEs in the 21st century. They used to be much more common. Brings back memories of the ’70s. Mailing mine today made me feel quite nostalgic 🙂

8. Mark Maleski says:

Thanks, Chris! That’s a great solution. SASE on the way.

9. johncashman73 says:

All of you people probably would have returned those stamps with the upside down airplanes to the post office. I’ll keep my copy in it’s present state. My great grandchildren will be rich.

10. How long is this Mohawk paper -offer good for and does it also include non-U.S customers?

11. inorthwoods says:

Are you going to fix the PDF?

12. mcdara says:

Do you think you might have some snips at hand works?

13. FYI, your SASE Wikipedia link got changed to a mailto: URL somewhere along the way

14. charleseflynn says:

Adhesives used in books must be acid-free, otherwise, the acid turns the paper yellow or brown, and makes it more brittle.

Two things worth searching for, since apparently links are not allowed:

A Library of Congress document:

“The Deterioration and Preservation of Paper: Some Essential Facts”

Lineco PH Neutral PVA Adhesive