Lie-Nielsen Hand Tool Event in Covington, Ky.

letterpress_poster_1000_IMG_1332_1024x1024

Lie-Nielsen Toolworks is hosting a Hand Tool Event at Braxton Brewing in Covington, Ky., on March 10-11 (details from Lie-Nielsen are here).

We will have a booth at the brewery both days and will have our storefront open on Saturday only (not Friday; nor Thursday) from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Our storefront is a seven-minute walk from the brewery.

On Saturday night we are organizing an outing to Rhinegeist brewing in Cincinnati where we shall play Hammerschlager – a competitive nail-driving game. The winner of the evening (likely the one person left standing) will receive a letterpress hammer poster (long sold out and coveted). We’ll bring the stump, the hammer and the nails.

The event at Rhinegeist will start about 8 p.m. We recommend you go to Eli’s barbecue at Findlay Market to get your dinner beforehand and walk it a block north to Rhinegeist to eat it. (That’s what we’re going to do.) Note that Eli’s closes at 9 p.m. Tarry not.

I hope that we will have some other special stuff to show or sell, but that all depends on trucking and production schedules. More details, soon.

Last year’s show was fantastic. Braxton has excellent beer. Covington has a lot of great places to eat and drink (more on those later on). And yeah, Cincinnati is awesome, too.

Hope to see you there!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Lie-Nielsen Hand Tool Event in Covington, Ky.

1. I covet that poster fortnightly.

2. hiscarpentry says:

I can’t believe I missed my chance to buy this poster! I want one!

3. jasonandmaryann says:

Will you have copies of the Revised “Handplane Essentials” available?

4. charlie says:

With all the new business activity in Covington, I’m surprised no one has thought of opening up a barber shop yet?

5. ralmcc7yahoo.com says:

Chris, This game that will be played does it involve drinking alcohol ?

6. thornburywood says:

I second (or triple) the desire to get the ‘By Hammer & Hand” poster – as an overseas LAP junkie I had no chance to get one…

If there will be no re-prints due to the original plates being destroyed (?) then can you please, please provide a high resolution scan of the poster so we can print our own (lesser quality) versions locally?

• Sorry. The poster is about 99 percent about the physical article – how it was made and what that represents both to us and the person who made it.

I am certain we will do another letterpress poster in the same vein on a different topic. First we have to come up with something as catchy as “With hammer in hand all arts do stand….”

7. thornburywood says:

OK, understand what you are saying about the process.

I was looking forward to hanging the poster on the inside of my partially-completed Roy Underhill nail cabinet. Now that’s not an option, all motivation to finish it is gone and it’ll end up in the firewood pile..

8. thornburywood says:

or a monastery? only if they brew their own beer…