Lost Art Press Storefront Open This Saturday

chest_IMG_5466

The Lost Art Press storefront will be open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. this Saturday, June 11, for those of you who have woodworking questions or would like to browse our complete selection of new books or our limited selection of blemished books.

We’ll also have free stickers, free posters and (I hope) some of Katy’s soft wax for sale at the store.

I’ll be working on a contemporary chest of drawers in some highly figured oak that has some unusual joinery and will be featured in an upcoming issue of Popular Woodworking Magazine. With any luck I’ll be finishing the plinth, which is constructed like a post-and-rung chair.

Just a reminder that we can accept credit cards for all our books except the blemished ones, which are cash only. The store’s physical address is 837 Willard St., Covington, KY 41017.

This entry was posted in Lost Art Press Storefront, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Lost Art Press Storefront Open This Saturday

1. jonathanszczepanski says:

For a half-second I thought those hand-holds were heart-shaped cutouts. I was relieved when I realized they weren’t.

2. Rachael Boyd says:

I think the hart shapes would be nice.

3. Brian Clites says:

That is a cool looking chest Chris. Keep it up!

4. Brian Clites says:

Question: At first glance, the handle cutouts on the sides suggest to the eye that there are two separate carcasses. But after looking more closely I only see one carcass in the joinery. Are the lower handles purely aesthetic?

5. charlie says:

Are there still plans for some wood working machines in the adjacent garage?

• Yup. Once I wire the stable and put in a wooden floor I’ll move my machines to Covington. The courtyard will be for outdoor work – I might have room for a shavehorse!

6. Tapered drills
    I use the Craftsman tapered drill counter sink bits, that I had since 1958.
    They were issued in Industrial Arts (Woodshop). They were made to fit standard wood screws
    (old flathead wit slot)! I use the one closest to the shank size one size smaiiler than nail shank,

7. Alternate dovetails top & bottom? (at center)

8. Sean Hynes says:

How were the handles done? Drill, keyhole saw and rasp?