Katy’s Soft Wax is Back in Stock

soft_wax_stack_IMG_4995

My daughter Katy took over my basement shop for a couple weeks and has made 100 more tins of soft wax that are now for sale in her etsy.com store here.

The wax comes in 4 oz. tins and was handmade by Katy using this recipe.

Katy also will be selling her soft wax at the Lost Art Press storefront this Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. – our address is 837 Willard St., Covington, KY 41011. This weekend we’ll be waxing the inside of a tool chest to show how it works.

Thanks to everyone who has purchased her wax. Helping her start a business is one of the best gifts I can give her for self-reliance as an adult. As a result, this is a learning experience on all fronts. She is still learning about customer service, postage labels, dealing with adults, managing supplies and the like. I’m here to offer advice, but this is her deal. So if it seems a little uneven, that’s why.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Katy’s Soft Wax is Back in Stock

1. hgordon4 says:

Kudos to you Chris. Nothing like real world experience. I’ve had our daughter do some work in my business also, though haven’t yet had an opportunity to help her start her own.
    And congrats to Katy on the demand for her product.

2. Ruben "Rube" Villanueva says:

Got there in time to snag up some wax before it sells out again.

3. rwyoung says:

“dealing with adults”… Best of luck.

• Probably better to teach her how to deal with children. She won’t have to deal with adults until she’s well into her 40s. Maybe not even then.

Also, please make more, Katy. Maybe a listing that is only good for anyone who has an autographed copy of one of your dad’s books that contains special Sock Monkey drawings? Or… something along those lines.

4. toolnut says:

Yes, that is one of the best gifts you can give her. BTW, she sold out on etsy again.
    I also got a chuckle on the “dealing with adults” comment.

5. More please, I wasn’t quick enough on the trigger!

6. Vic Tesolin says:

…and it’s gone. 😦

7. parks2167 says:

I have it. Is it good for steel as well as wood? I know about the use on wood but my planes and chisels ? Running you own bsiness is the only way. Go get um, Katy !!
    Dave

8. parks2167 says:

business
    fumble fingers Dave

9. Wow, Katy! Next time, you should make a few hundred tins!

10. abtuser says:

Swing and miss for me too. Hopefully there’s a ‘But wait, there’s more…’ edition coming soon.

11. Clay Dowling says:

This stuff is also a fine boot dressing. Danner sells something similar as clear boot dressing. It protects leather as well as wood. It will give the leather a soft look and feel.

As for protecting metal, this would probably work quite well. The bees wax furniture pastes work really well for metals. It also makes a better high gloss shoe polish for my dress shoes than anything in the shoe care rack at the store.