‘The Anarchist’s Design Book’ Ships this Week

ADB4_IMG_4625

At long last, “The Anarchist’s Design Book” has arrived in our Indianapolis warehouse and will begin shipping out to customers this week.

Tomorrow morning, I’ll drive to our warehouse to personally sign the first 1,000 copies for customers who ordered the book back in January, and then the warehouse employees will organize an assembly line to ship everything out.

We received our copies of the book for the Lost Art Press storefront late last week, and I think it was worth the extra wait. The delay in shipping the book was caused by the extra work required at the bindery to stain the edges of the pages black – a detail on early books that protects them from dirt and damage.

The bindery did a nice job staining the edges, so we’ll continue to do this on future press runs. (I’m ordering the second printing this week.)

There’s a lot more to say, but I’m too exhausted from the Lie-Nielsen Hand Tool Event and book-release party to put any more words together.

This entry was posted in The Anarchist's Design Book, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to ‘The Anarchist’s Design Book’ Ships this Week

1. captainjack1024 says:

Yay! Can’t wait to hold my own copy. Hope you get a good rest, it was an amazing weekend. Thanks again for all the hard work (to everyone involved, of course). 🙂

2. Eric R says:

Nice work brother.

3. erikhinkston says:

So well done, I’ve finished the digital version. Now this and the Hayward book, too much good stuff. What a great week for LAP!

4. Everything about this past weekend was great. I learned a ton talking with folks at the Lie Nielen event and so far I’m really enjoying the books I picked up. So glad we made the drive from St. Louis.

5. tombuhl says:

Big smile. Thanks for the attention to details.

6. domanicoj says:

Impeccable! Your work ethic and results are an inspiration. Thanks for raising the bar again!

7. parks2167 says:

Great Weekend !! Very glad to have been a small part of the fun. Spent too much cash on new tools again, but the new headquarters of LAP is really a work of love and sweat. Enjoy a little rest when you can. Love the floor BTW.

8. Great party at the open house. Thoroughly enjoyed myself. Really enjoying the book so far as well.

9. Niels Cosman says:

LOVE the “murdered out” ink job! All black everything!

10. Coisas EM'adeira says:

For those who couldn’t attend… after some rest – obliviously…. can you share some pictures?

11. Andrew John says:

I am excited to dig into this book. I found the Workbench book informative, helpful and absent the unnecessary crap that can cloud the point. Things were explained in a well contrived manner that I could understand which is cool. More of the same would be most excellent.

Also, looking forward to opening the Hayward books. The excerpts that have been posted have been informative and eloquently written.

By the way, the bookshelf video was great.

12. ouidavincent says:

My book arrived yesterday. I honestly thought I wouldn’t be excited to hold it and read it because I had already read the pdf. Silly me. It is a pleasure to hold and read. I am rereading the book now, gladly. Because I have a very small reader, there are some things that did not translate well in the Pdf and I virtually had to ignore the side bars.