With “The Anarchist’s Design Book” and “The Woodworker: The Charles H. Hayward Years” at the printer, John and I are working on stuff to fill out the next five months when we aren’t eating bonbons and getting pedicures.
Here’s a short list of stuff you should see before June – the five-year anniversary of “The Anarchist’s Tool Chest.”
- We have figured out a way for international customers to buy a book plus a pdf at a discounted price. We’ll have details in the next few weeks.
- Starting in February, we are going to begin selling original handmade copperplate prints of the 12 projects in “The Anarchist’s Design Book.” Each month we will feature one of the project prints for ordering on the website. Then the artist, Briony Morrow-Cribbs, will make your copperplate print to order and they will be signed and numbered by Briony and myself. Each print will be $125; we’ll offer a different print every month. We’ll also be offering a complete set of the prints in a handmade box. Details to follow.
- Visitors to the new Lost Art Press storefront will be able to examine and purchase these copperplate prints during our March 12 open house. Prepare to be impressed.
- For the five-year anniversary of “The Anarchist’s Tool Chest,” we’ll be printing special stickers, red T-shirts and a 17” x 22” poster featuring an architectural drawing of the chest. All of these will be available first at our Covington storefront as we work out the supply issues, and then on the website.
- “Woodworking in Estonia” is at the top of my editing list right now. We hope to have that at the printer by June.
All of this is possible because I’m not teaching this year. I’ll also be releasing three DVDs through Popular Woodworking that I think you’ll find interesting. Oh, and I’ve started working on my next book. It will be unlike anything published in the last 70 years. Promise.
— Christopher Schwarz