New Lost Art Press Stuff at WIA

LAP_Steamwhistle_cut_IMG_9153

In addition to our two new products – “By Hound & Eye” and the “Virtuoso DVD” – we’ll be selling two special limited-edition items at the Lost Art Press booth in the Marketplace in Woodworking in America on Sept. 25-26.

blocks2_IMG_9152

First is a joint project between Lost Art Press and Steam Whistle Letter Press in Newport, Ky. Brian Stuparyk, the founder of Steam Whistle, approached us about doing a short run of 500 letterpress posters that are 18” x 12”, numbered and signed.

We don’t want to be in the poster business, but we agreed to this joint project because it will be a useful graphic for your shop wall – it’s all about how to use hammers and cut nails in furniture. Most of the poster’s blocks have been hand cut by Brian and the poster is being printed on his vintage equipment. We’ll unveil the design next week. I’ve seen Brian’s preliminary work, and it’s quite cool.

The posters will be $20. If we have any leftover from WIA (I expect we will) we will put them up for sale in our online store.

newbandito6_image

The second crazy product is a new T-shirt design from Indianapolis artist Shelby Kelley. Shelby painted the artwork for Revolucion, a taco joint we like. John and Shelby re-imagined some of his wild bandito paintings and added some awesome dovetail saws (the woodworking equivalent of “more cowbell”).

We’ll have a bunch of these shirts at WIA – American-made in gray (correction: Army green) with black printing. We might add these shirts to the store after Woodworking in America. Not sure.

So look for our booth in the Marketplace. Where will we be? Chances are you’ll find us by the bathrooms. At every WIA they’ve put our booth in the back by the toilets. But no, Don, I don’t take it personally.

This entry was posted in Products We Sell. Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to New Lost Art Press Stuff at WIA

1. Yes to the shirts in the store. I think I’m interested in the poster too. Have fun at WIA.

2. toolnut says:

Channeling your inner Deadhead?

3. billrusnak says:

I can’t make it to WIA but would definitely be interested in leftovers. Have fun. Being close the the bathroom is a plus. It probably has the highest amount of foot traffic in the entire hall.

Bill

4. Ian Thomas says:

Who woulda thunk sugarskull banditos were the next evolution in fine woodworking apparel. Yes to both…please take my money, good sirs.

5. azezo1 says:

Chris and John, I won’t be going to WIA but I NEED that shirt. OK, a little too strong, but I really WANT that t-shirt, I’m all about “more cowbell”. You really should offer this shirt for sale on the site since it’s the coolest one yet. I can see buying more than one in different colors.

6. Please add the Tee shirt to your store. I like the poster too!

7. Shannon Troester says:

T-shirt definitely in the store, assuming we can get a 3x. Poster should go to the artist store with a link from here so he can make a go of his business. Frankly the idea of block prints and vintage printing equipment sounds ludicrously cool and I want in. I just want to support the artist. Hell I want to see the process. Any chance he can film a portion of it?

8. Josh says:

Love the shirt and posters. Would definitely buy from LAP store.

9. Josh says:

Those look awesome! But I have to ask: was it hard to hold that crossed-saw pose long enough for the artist to capture your essence?

10. On call WIA weekend but I’ll add my name to those who would purchase leftovers. I LOVE Kelly’s work!!! Big fan! I would buy his shirt in every color offered!

11. johnathan akers says:

That t-shirt logo would make a pretty sweet tattoo. Just sayin-

12. Mike Siemsen says:

I love the smell of Lincoln Job Black in the morning, smells like letterpress!
    We are opposite you in the hall, over by …the routers…..

13. amvolk says:

What!? You couldn’t think of something better – more woodworking – than bullets for the bandoliers? Sets of chisels, bits, something?

14. Ham Salad says:

Oh man! You’ve got to do that shirt! The masses have spoken!
    Really want to jazz it up, add “Trabajador de la madera” to it..

15. beshriver says:

Just send me a tshirt…large…you’ve got my info on file

16. Vernon Doucette says:

“We don’t need no stinking power tools…”