Full-size Chair Plans in the Works

Endsheets1-211153

In conjunction with Peter Galbert’s “Chairmaker’s Notebook,” we will soon be offering full-size plans of the two chairs shown in the book.

The plans were hand-drawn by Peter at full scale. I’ve been scanning and piecing together all the bits, trying to produce them on the fewest sheets possible. It is taking me longer than I expected.

I don’t have pricing information or a release date yet. We will be using a print-on-demand service to produce and mail them, and I am still working out some details with that company.

So stay tuned.

This entry was posted in Chairmaker's Notebook. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Full-size Chair Plans in the Works

1. frpaulas says:

Sweet!

2. drwaynemerhoff says:

I hope they are ready before I take his class in June. Wayne Merhoff

3. The plans look great. Very detailed. Doesn’t surprise me considering the illustration for the book.

4. bloksav says:

A bit off topic.
    I love that you can use the bog oak for a project like this.
    It looks great and seems appropriate regarding the time of origin for such a table.

Brgds
    Jonas

• Jonas,

I am hoarding the stuff you and your father gave me, using tiny bits and pieces on things that are very important to me. Thanks again for the very generous gift.

I tried to build a try square using the bog oak, but I think the tree grew on a hillside; it has significant tension in it. So I have been using the wood for tool handles and details such as this. Nothing goes to waste. The off-cuts from this patch have been saved as wedges.

All best,

Chris

5. toolnut says:

Wheeeeeeee!

6. sjschmidtky says:

Will they be rolled (so suitable for framing) or folded for sending?

Thanks, Steve