What’s Wrong with this Picture?

chest_strike_wrong_IMG_0543

If you aren’t sure, the people at BlacksmithBolt.com should be able to sort you out with the help of slotted, unplated steel screws. (Mine are in the mail.)

This entry was posted in Personal Favorites. Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to What’s Wrong with this Picture?

1. Jeremy says:

Gah! At least they are clocked!

2. Eric R says:

The only guy I know who still manages to clock philips screws…lol

3. BUT you have them clocked very nicely.

4. kendewitt608 says:

Who did you borrow the phillips screw driver from ?

5. Sergeant82d says:

Yeah, it’s pretty glaring, isn’t it?

BTW, while I don’t know the specifics of the screws you ordered, something I have done in the distant past in my gun making days, is using a large headed countersunk screw and filed it flush to the plate – similar to how you made your “rivets” in Campaign Furniture, only keeping the slot in the screw. I like the look, especially on something this nice.

I can’t wait to see the finished box & lid!

6. woodworkerme says:

one screw is sets lower in the counter sink. well and they are Philips.not your work I am sure.

7. stradlad68 says:

Christopher–thank you for the link to Blacksmith Bolts! What a great find. In addition to butchering lumber I do some hysterical er…historical reenacting. Nothing can beat Phillips head screws for ruining the appearance of a nicely made piece of camp furniture, a chest or a handcart.

8. toolnut says:

I saw the related Instagram post and in looking at the detail you, Jameel and Peter have put into that chest, I was wondering if you calculated the man hours required to build it. It looks awesome. (except for the philips head screws)

9. Joe Eberle says:

You just have an aversion to Phillips Head screws (don’t blame you)

10. Took a sec. But cute, real cute.

11. abtuser says:

Just going to say, aren’t Phillips screws used to permanently bind two objects together? Permanently? (I think the inventor of them, in the following next week, also invented the ‘easy out’, or so the rumor goes)

12. Slap a polarizing filter in front of the lens.

13. snwoodwork says:

I didn’t see anything on their site about a minimum order; does anyone know?