Campaign birdhouse. It is real. Check it out on my blog at Popular Woodworking Magazine.
Search this Blog
How to Register to Leave a CommentYou can get a WordPress username to comment using this link.
- Friendly Handworks AdviceIf you’re headed to Handworks in Iowa this weekend, please do stop by the Lost Art Press and Crucible booths in the Festhalle to say hello. Your editor, Megan Fitzpatrick, has volunteered to give us a hand when she isn’t off exploring the amazing show. If this is your first Handworks, here are a few tips for making the most of the show. Bring cash. Credit ca […]
- Meet the ‘Jimmy Possum’ ChairI’ve long been fascinated by legends involving old chairmakers. Here in Kentucky we had Chester Cornett, an enigmatic bearded maker of the wildest ladderbacks and rockers I’ve seen. In Indiana we had a chairmaker in the southern part of the state who in the early 20th century made ladderbacks with a woven seat that look incredibly modern. In Australia, they […]
- Beer as a Furniture StainBeer shows up in many accounts of early workshop life. Not only was it an important source of nutrition, it also served as payment for trespasses and a way to mark important days in the shop, such as when an apprentice was promoted to journeyman. Beer also shows up in workshop recipes and for diluting glue. Recently Thomas Lie-Nielsen encountered a use for b […]
- Planing Away Low Spots in PanelsOne of the most frustrating parts of using a smooth plane is when you have a low spot on your board that simply refuses to be planed out. There are several strategies. Here are just a few: Just keep planing as usual until you are an old man or woman. Drop down to a coarser plane (such as the jointer). But this could introduce tear-out. Increase the depth of […]
- Friendly Handworks Advice
LostArtPress on Instagram
- The Best Rainy Day… blog.lostartpress.com/2017/05/22/the… https://t.co/r4CITOdpVP 1 hour ago
- The Galbert School of Craft chairnotes.blogspot.com/2017/05/the-ga… 2 hours ago
- Dividers & Curves in the Store on Thursday blog.lostartpress.com/2017/05/22/div… https://t.co/9ZjTcvHohY 10 hours ago