Whenever I produce a DVD with Popular Woodworking Magazine, I get a small box of the finished product as part of my contract. I also receive a toe massage, a liver purging and a private performance of “Dance of the Seven Veils” (David Thiel can shake his moneymaker).
Anyway, we have a number of these in stock and we are going to sell them at a very nice price in the Lost Art Press store with free shipping. Quantities are very limited – about a dozen each. Here are the details.
Super-tune a Handplane: $21 plus free shipping
Whether your plane is old or new, discover tips that will make it perform with surgical precision. With just a little effort and a couple hours, you can turn any handplane into a super-tuned, high-performance tool.
Many woodworkers are looking for a handplane that can be brought back to working life with just a little time and effort — and at a great bargain. This DVD from Christopher Schwarz shows you how to rehab a flea-market find (or soup up a new tool) into a perfectly tuned plane that can handle any task.
- What to look for in an old handplane
- How to break it down and clean it up
- How to assess and address various problems
- How to reassemble a plane beyond factory standards
- And how to super-tune it for top performance
Mastering Hand Tools: $12 plus free shipping
“Mastering Hand Tools” is a 2 disc DVD set that will introduce you to the basic hand tool skills to turn you into a woodworker equally comfortable in either the powered or hand tool world — and offer the best results from each world. Host Christopher Schwarz starts off the video by asking the question, “Why use Hand Tools?” A fair question that he quickly answers by extolling the benefits of traditional woodworking tools — blended with some of the niceties of power tools. Those benefits include a healthier work environment, fewer jigs and test cuts, and accuracy to within .001″. Watch along as Chris offers advice on selecting hand tools, shares tips for set-up and puts the tools to work.
- Choosing and using marking knives and gauges and cutting gauges
- Sharpening and using Jack planes and Smoothing planes
- Selecting and using Handsaws and Rasps
- The benefits of Braces and Hand Drills
- and more about Chisels, Mallets, Scrapers and Router Planes
— Christopher Schwarz