In addition to the A.J. Roubo translation of “L’Art du Menuisier,” we have been working on lots of other projects. Here’s a quick look at what the Lost Art Press extended family is doing in the final days of 2012.
1. The 6-board chest chapter from “Furniture of Necessity.” It’s complete, but I’m messing with it a bit as I worked on a chest for a customer this weekend. I’ll post it this week for a free download.
2. New LAP T-shirts. We have a new design and slogan. We’re ordering the shirts this week and they should be in the store by next week. They will be green and made in America. Details to come.
3. “The Joiner and Cabinet Maker” audiobook as read by Roy Underhill. John Hoffman has finished up the editing on this project for me (thanks John!). It goes to get mastered this week. So it should be in the store before the end of the year.
4. A new book from Christian Becksvoort. Yup, we’ve been keeping this one under wraps. Chris revised one of his earlier books that is now out of print. The design is complete, thanks to Linda Watts, and we are working on the final editing.
5. “By Hand and By Eye” by George Walker and Jim Tolpin. That book is edited and just about ready to go to Linda to be designed.
We’re working on a bunch of other projects that aren’t listed above, H.O. Studley, my campaign furniture book and etc. I don’t, however, have any updates on those projects this morning.
— Christopher Schwarz
10 thoughts on “LAP Stuff that’s Just Around the Bend”
As in, displaying a fractional amount of my full-measure wit.
Or just say something to confirm my status as half-wit?
“I’ll post it this week for a free download.” If this is what I think it is, music to my ears. I have the wood for a 6-board chest acclimating in my shed at this very moment. Although I’ve already thought out how to construct it (a tool chest version), it will be most useful to have this chapter as reference.
6. Judging haiku submissions for the “Win My Souped-up &%$#%^&* Handplane” contest.
That’s all. Bunch of slackers.
Do you have a subscription program? Where you just send me stuff as you print it?
Let me put this another way…
Shut up and take my money!
I actually suggested this to John at the Lost Art Press booth at WIA Midwest. He told me I was the second person to make that suggestion that day.
“Shut up and take my money!” LOL
Phew! That means I still have time to build a coffee table worthy of the Studley book. Actually, on 2nd thought, I’m not sure that is possible.
Any chance that the new shirts will add a 3XL size? I’ve been anxious to display my LAP devotion, but not enough to show off my man titties.
Send me an e-mail and perhaps we can order you a 3X shirt.
Just my two cents: plain color (black please), the logo on front and “Lost Art Press” on back with no slogan would be the cat’s behind and a hit with the kids (me).
Of course opinions are like a$$h*les, everyone’s got one and most of them stink. Lucky for me, Mine happen to smell like fresh baked cupcakes.
And yeah, all those projects sound awesome.
Comments are closed.