christopher schwarz. tool chest. roubo. workbench. work bench. handplane. hand plane. handplain. woodworking hand tools. wood working hand tools. woodworking handtools. wood working handtools. workbench plans. build a workbench. woodworking plans. wood working plans. how to build shit. blog. woodworking blog. wood working blog. chris schwarz. blog about woodworking. woodworking techniques. woodworking tips. anarchy. hand tool projects. handtool projects. shooting boards. shooting broads. woodworking articles. blade sharpening. traditional woodworking. woodworking classes. handplane essentials. woodworking courses. woodworking tips. wood joinery. woodworking joinery. wood working joinery. joyner. woodworking dividers. chris shwartz. woodworking tricks. woodworking workshops. hand tool workshop. hand tool woodshop. saw reviews. chisel reviews. woodworking tool reviews. how to woodwork. how to work wood. how to handplane. how to hand plane. plain stupid. wood boring. boring wood. woodworking videos. free woodworking plans. anarchist. how to measure wood. how to use a wood chisel. how to chisel. sharpen a chisel. wat ist dis chisel. how to sharpen. handplane restoration. hand plane restoration. fix a hand plane. woodworking supplies. woodworking books. books on woodworking. books on anarchy. shaker furniture plans. measurement techniques. will you build it for me. gifts for woodworkers. woodworking hardware. holdfast. hold fast. christopher schwartz. woodworking wood. saw. sawing. sawyer. saw teeth. saw tooth. fleam. rake. saw set. table plans. chair plans. stool plans. stool sample. joinery techniques. best woodworking books. cambered blade. knurled. traditional furniture. furniture of necessity. marking gauge. gauge your mark. woodworking necessity. is this necessary. furniture plans. sharpening techniques. table projects. chair projects. woodworking. Woodworking. WOODWORKING. learn woodworking. teach woodworking. lost art press. lost art. art lost. press art lost. losing it. get started woodworking. easy woodworking. period woodworking. period tools. hand woodworking tools. woodworking with hand tools. traditional woodworking tools. unplugged woodworking. delta unisaw. woodworking ideas. traditional joinery. hand tool list. list of hand tools. antique tools. antique handtools. woodworking anarchy. anarchists tool chest. moulding plane. molding plane. moldy planes. tools for woodworking. woodworking design. boring holes. hand drill. how to bore. brace and bit. boring blog. tits. free cat videos.
Search this Blog
How to Register to Leave a CommentYou can get a WordPress username to comment using this link.
- Against Perfection, Precision or AccuracyIt’s difficult to argue against perfection in woodworking. That’s because the counter argument is something like: “You’re a hack and can’t get it right, and so you say that your imperfections are intentional.” Or put another way, you can’t be too rich, too thin or have joinery that is too perfect. Here’s how I think about perfection: We now have the technolo […]
- The Case Against Tail VisesIf workbenches were like automobiles, then I’d consider the tail vise to be like the heated seats in a car. They’re an option, of course, but they are by no means standard equipment, like tires. Out of economic necessity, my first three workbenches didn’t have tail vises, and so I was thrilled when I was assigned to review a full-size European workbench with […]
- The Galbert Caliper and my PigheadednessI don’t care for gizmos, jigs and silly accessories. So even though I spend a fair amount of time on the lathe, I resisted purchasing the Galbert Caliper for many years. In its place, I used go/no-go gauges, box wrenches and traditional turning calipers (which are the worst). But while at Handworks this year, I broke down and gave Peter $60 for a Galbert Cal […]
- Be Seated: The Benchcrafted Swing-away SeatSitting at your workbench does not make you lazy. Many times it makes you smart. Chopping out the waste between dovetails requires endurance and patience – especially when building a large piece of casework with drawers. If you sit while chopping, you conserve energy and your eyes are closer to your chisel, improving accuracy. The same goes for mortising whe […]
- Against Perfection, Precision or Accuracy
LostArtPress on Instagram
- The Son of Roy Underhill’s Mallet blog.lostartpress.com/2017/06/26/the… https://t.co/OgsNcZgxNq 1 day ago
- RT @StumpyNubs: JUST IN: @sawstop has been sold to the German parent company of @Festool! It will still operate separately. But no longer U… 1 day ago
- RT @TwoWheelNeil: [Insert GIF of patent fetishist Dr. Steve Gas rolling on a pile a money while making it rain] twitter.com/stumpynubs/sta… 1 day ago