christopher schwarz. tool chest. roubo. workbench. work bench. handplane. hand plane. handplain. woodworking hand tools. wood working hand tools. woodworking handtools. wood working handtools. workbench plans. build a workbench. woodworking plans. wood working plans. how to build shit. blog. woodworking blog. wood working blog. chris schwarz. blog about woodworking. woodworking techniques. woodworking tips. anarchy. hand tool projects. handtool projects. shooting boards. shooting broads. woodworking articles. blade sharpening. traditional woodworking. woodworking classes. handplane essentials. woodworking courses. woodworking tips. wood joinery. woodworking joinery. wood working joinery. joyner. woodworking dividers. chris shwartz. woodworking tricks. woodworking workshops. hand tool workshop. hand tool woodshop. saw reviews. chisel reviews. woodworking tool reviews. how to woodwork. how to work wood. how to handplane. how to hand plane. plain stupid. wood boring. boring wood. woodworking videos. free woodworking plans. anarchist. how to measure wood. how to use a wood chisel. how to chisel. sharpen a chisel. wat ist dis chisel. how to sharpen. handplane restoration. hand plane restoration. fix a hand plane. woodworking supplies. woodworking books. books on woodworking. books on anarchy. shaker furniture plans. measurement techniques. will you build it for me. gifts for woodworkers. woodworking hardware. holdfast. hold fast. christopher schwartz. woodworking wood. saw. sawing. sawyer. saw teeth. saw tooth. fleam. rake. saw set. table plans. chair plans. stool plans. stool sample. joinery techniques. best woodworking books. cambered blade. knurled. traditional furniture. furniture of necessity. marking gauge. gauge your mark. woodworking necessity. is this necessary. furniture plans. sharpening techniques. table projects. chair projects. woodworking. Woodworking. WOODWORKING. learn woodworking. teach woodworking. lost art press. lost art. art lost. press art lost. losing it. get started woodworking. easy woodworking. period woodworking. period tools. hand woodworking tools. woodworking with hand tools. traditional woodworking tools. unplugged woodworking. delta unisaw. woodworking ideas. traditional joinery. hand tool list. list of hand tools. antique tools. antique handtools. woodworking anarchy. anarchists tool chest. moulding plane. molding plane. moldy planes. tools for woodworking. woodworking design. boring holes. hand drill. how to bore. brace and bit. boring blog. tits. free cat videos.
Search this Blog
How to Register to Leave a CommentYou can get a WordPress username to comment using this link.
My Personal Site & Gallery
- Yes, Megan and Brendan are AliveThis week, Popular Woodworking Magazine is short two employees as Megan Fitzpatrick and Brendan Gaffney have joined me on a chair class in Maryland. We’re building a version of the Jennie Alexander chair from “Make a Chair From a Tree” with Larry Barrett – one of Jennie’s students and friends. If you think that taking a class is easy for an experienced woodw […]
- Post & Rung & Jennie AlexanderFor the next five days I’m in Maryland with four other friends to build a Jennie Alexander chair from Larry Barrett, a student and long-time friend of Alexander. Larry makes a chair that is 90 percent similar to Jennie’s iconic chair from her book “Make a Chair From a Tree.” Some of the details of Larry’s chair are a little different than Jennie’s – especial […]
- Diagonal Wedges: The How & WhyWhen wedging through-tenons, I prefer to orient the wedge diagonally across the tenon. This is a somewhat atypical way to work, so an explanation is in order. A diagonal wedge has the advantage of closing up any gaps on all four edges of a rectangular mortise. That’s because it pushes the tenon against all four walls of the mortise. The more typical wedge, o […]
- Fit Irregular (Impossible!) Shapes with ‘Ticking Sticks’The trick to fitting wooden pieces into impossible recesses is to learn about “ticking sticks.” These simple sticks – plus a sheet of paper – can make monstrous tasks into a easy job. Here’s how they work. “Ticking sticks” go by many names in the historical record, but they are the best technology for cutting a piece of wood to fit an odd opening. All you ne […]
- Yes, Megan and Brendan are Alive
LostArtPress on Instagram
- Last Chance to Pre-order ‘From Truths to Tools’ blog.lostartpress.com/2017/10/23/las… https://t.co/GfSKeTeqtk 6 hours ago
- Authentic Finish for a Roman Workbench blog.lostartpress.com/2017/10/23/aut… https://t.co/r0dtgwRp0C 9 hours ago
- RT @LucyMayCincy: WCPO to publish illustrated book about Fiona wcpo.com/entertainment/… via @tstewart2 #TeamFiona #MyBestFriendFiona 22 hours ago