christopher schwarz. tool chest. roubo. workbench. work bench. handplane. hand plane. handplain. woodworking hand tools. wood working hand tools. woodworking handtools. wood working handtools. workbench plans. build a workbench. woodworking plans. wood working plans. how to build shit. blog. woodworking blog. wood working blog. chris schwarz. blog about woodworking. woodworking techniques. woodworking tips. anarchy. hand tool projects. handtool projects. shooting boards. shooting broads. woodworking articles. blade sharpening. traditional woodworking. woodworking classes. handplane essentials. woodworking courses. woodworking tips. wood joinery. woodworking joinery. wood working joinery. joyner. woodworking dividers. chris shwartz. woodworking tricks. woodworking workshops. hand tool workshop. hand tool woodshop. saw reviews. chisel reviews. woodworking tool reviews. how to woodwork. how to work wood. how to handplane. how to hand plane. plain stupid. wood boring. boring wood. woodworking videos. free woodworking plans. anarchist. how to measure wood. how to use a wood chisel. how to chisel. sharpen a chisel. wat ist dis chisel. how to sharpen. handplane restoration. hand plane restoration. fix a hand plane. woodworking supplies. woodworking books. books on woodworking. books on anarchy. shaker furniture plans. measurement techniques. will you build it for me. gifts for woodworkers. woodworking hardware. holdfast. hold fast. christopher schwartz. woodworking wood. saw. sawing. sawyer. saw teeth. saw tooth. fleam. rake. saw set. table plans. chair plans. stool plans. stool sample. joinery techniques. best woodworking books. cambered blade. knurled. traditional furniture. furniture of necessity. marking gauge. gauge your mark. woodworking necessity. is this necessary. furniture plans. sharpening techniques. table projects. chair projects. woodworking. Woodworking. WOODWORKING. learn woodworking. teach woodworking. lost art press. lost art. art lost. press art lost. losing it. get started woodworking. easy woodworking. period woodworking. period tools. hand woodworking tools. woodworking with hand tools. traditional woodworking tools. unplugged woodworking. delta unisaw. woodworking ideas. traditional joinery. hand tool list. list of hand tools. antique tools. antique handtools. woodworking anarchy. anarchists tool chest. moulding plane. molding plane. moldy planes. tools for woodworking. woodworking design. boring holes. hand drill. how to bore. brace and bit. boring blog. tits. free cat videos.
Search this Blog
How to Register to Leave a CommentYou can get a WordPress username to comment using this link.
My Personal Site & Gallery
- Medieval Method Can Improve a Modern DesignI recently finished building an Enzo Mari table from the 1970s as part of an article for Popular Woodworking Magazine, and I have only one worry about the project. It looks great. It feels stout. But I’m worried that the joinery might not last forever. The joinery? Lots of properly installed wood screws, with diagonal bracing to reduce or eliminate racking. […]
- Don’t Sand – Burn off your Machine Marks InsteadShou sugi ban – the Japanese finishing process that chars the outside of wood – is an ideal surface finish for some furniture pieces. One of the unsung advantages of burning the wood is that you can reduce (or even eliminate) sanding or planing your boards before finishing them. There are limits to this, of course. If your jointer, thickness planer or saw le […]
- An Enzo Mari Table – and a Puzzle“Mari is right, everyone should have a project: after all it is the best way to avoid being designed yourself.” — G.C. Argan, L’Espresso, 1974 In 1974, Italian designer Enzo Mari published a series of furniture designs that were free to the public. People were encouraged to use his drawings to produce tables, chairs, beds and bookshelves. What’s more, Mari d […]
- John Brown for the 16th TimeEvery time I read John Brown’s book “Welsh Stick Chairs,” I latch onto something different. When I read the book for the first time in the mid-1990s, I became obsessed with the Welsh stick chair’s form (and I remain so to this day). After a few more readings, I became obsessed with the history of Windsor chairs and wondered if JB was right that the origin of […]
- Medieval Method Can Improve a Modern Design
LostArtPress on InstagramCOLONEL: Begging your pardon General, but how can you make a ladder that folds up? How could the sides be strong enough? WASHINGTON: The side pieces are unbroken, and so are the rungs. The trick is to make the connections between the rungs and the side pieces pivot. Here, soldier, hand me that gridiron from the fire. SOLDIER: Here you are, General. WASHINGTON: Thank you son. Now, see how this gridiron is like a ladder with two straight sides and lots of parallel cross pieces like the rungs of a ladder? Now to make it fold all we have to do is to pull back on one of the straight sides and push forward on the other and (grunts) it collapses. — from “Calvin Cobb: Radio Woodworker!” By Roy Underhill #Calvin_CobbLet it begin. Six students begin work on the #WilliamsWelshChair with @welshchairmaker instructing. Here we are marking out the location of a dowel to keep the arms aligned during glue-up.In general, for circular compositions to work well it is necessary that their contours be soft, flowing, and without any type of unevenness. That is why it is good, after seeing them traced by hand as perfectly as possible, to lay them out with a compass to make them the most symmetrical, so that the contour of one side is identical to the opposite side. — “To Make as Perfectly as Possible: Roubo on Marquetry” by André-Jacob Roubo; translation by Donald C. Williams, Michele Pietryka-Pagán & Philippe Lafargue. #Roubo_on_Marquetry
- Day 1: Chris Williams’s Welsh Stick Chair Class blog.lostartpress.com/2018/05/21/day… https://t.co/9KdcdKzp8O 9 hours ago
- Union: The Lost Shaker Village blog.lostartpress.com/2018/05/20/uni… https://t.co/dm4B9XIdUK 1 day ago
- Medieval Method Can Improve a Modern Design popularwoodworking.com/woodworking-bl… #woodworking #feedly 2 days ago