For the last six months, an unfinished version of the Traveling Anarchist’s Tool Chest (download a free SketchUp drawing here) has been sitting in the corner of my shop – mocking me.
Today I dragged its sorry carcase to the bench and fixed its plinth, which has been bugging me since the day I glued it on. The bevel on the plinth was 1/2” x 1/2”, and it just looked wrong. Too abrupt. Too router bit-y.
So I changed the slope to a 5/8”-wide x 1”-tall bevel, and what a huge visual difference it made. So I cleaned up the rest of the plinth and am headed back to the shop to work on the upper skirt.
— Christopher Schwarz