“The faster a thing is created, the more fleeting its permanence.”
Search this Blog
How to Register to Leave a CommentYou can get a WordPress username to comment using this link.
My Personal Site & Gallery
- Real-life Test: Do You Need Glue?I build my chairs in a way where glue is only a minor player. And after a stupid mistake yesterday, I now get to test how effective my strategy is. Before I pull my pants down and tell you how I messed up, here’s the set-up. The stretchers and legs of my chairs are built so they are in tension (I do this by lengthening the tenons in the stretchers […] The po […]
- My First Experience with Buckeye (Aesculus glabra)Here in the Midwest, we seem to have a lot more Buckeyes who are people (it’s the nickname for Ohioans) than actual buckeye trees (Aesculus glabra, sometimes called the horse chestnut). In fact, I’ve lived in the range of the Ohio Buckeye tree for most of my adult life and have never seen it for sale. It’s not a popular tree for many reasons. Its leaves and […]
- Important Shapton News (a Price Cut!)All the sharpening systems out there work, but I have a favorite: Shapton Pro Series stones in #1,000, #5,000 and #8,000 grits. Shapton Pros cut fast, stay pretty flat and don’t have to be soaked beforehand. As I sharpen three to five times a day, those are important qualities. Recently there has been turmoil with the supply of Shapton stones to the United S […]
- A Jig for Drilling Holes for Chair SpindlesI resist making jigs like I resist going to the dentist. So when I do break down and build a jig, it’s going to be something with a dial indicator and lasers. No, that’s a lie. It’s going to be something dirt simple but solves my difficulties completely. I build a lot of chairs with spindles that run between the seat and the armbow. The best way to drill the […]
- Real-life Test: Do You Need Glue?
LostArtPress on Instagram
- The Last of the Fancy Lads blog.lostartpress.com/2018/01/22/the… https://t.co/kIODuGjdrC 4 hours ago
- RT @1snugthejoiner: Dutch Tool Chest for Sale (No, Not the Exact One Pictured Below) rudemechanicalspress.wordpress.com/2018/01/21/dut… https://t.co/HaKDbNvsGz 18 hours ago
- RT @TheMarkTwain: The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice. 1 day ago