flutes: A channel or furrow in a pillar, resembling the half of a flute split longitudinally, with the concave side outwards. Some authorities refer to Doric columns as “channeled” because they have a sharp arris at the meeting of the edges of each flute. They suggest that flutes require fillets between them to be real flutes.
Search this Blog
How to Register to Leave a CommentYou can get a WordPress username to comment using this link.
My Personal Site & Gallery
- Dugout Chair Step 3: Draw a ChairAfter removing the big chunk of wood that was to become the front of the chair, the next steps on the dugout chair are the tricky parts that require more thinking than straining. I needed to chainsaw the bottom of the stump level to get the thing so it had the stance of a chair. This is tricky because the stump is an irregular cone with no right angles. So [ […]
- Modern Gateleg Table – Free on the WebsiteThe cover story for the October 2017 issue of Popular Woodworking Magazine – a Swedish gateleg table – can be read and downloaded for free here. No catch. No gimmicks. No registration. Just click it and read it. I built this gateleg table earlier this year and based my version on dozens of examples I dug up from the historical record. From looking at the tab […]
- Dugout Chair Step 2: Lose 200 Ugly PoundsI can roll this rotted log around my driveway for the dugout chair. But danged if I can lift it by myself. So the next step is to start chainsawing away the majority of the bulk that is not part of the finished chair. With my tiny 16” electric chainsaw I spent a good hour wasting away the first two kerfs on this chair. This activity attracted the attention o […]
- Dugout Chair Step 1: Get it Out of the TruckAfter picking up the rotted stump for my dugout chair, I parked my truck in front of my shop and then went inside to ponder: How do I get it out of the truck? Sure, there are lots of redneck methods involving wax paper, Wesson oil and chains. But I wanted to avoid damaging myself and trashing my truck. I could rent a forklift or other machine to make it […] […]
- Dugout Chair Step 3: Draw a Chair
LostArtPress on Instagram
- Dugout Chair Step 3: Draw a Chair - Popular Woodworking Magazine popularwoodworking.com/woodworking-bl… 8 hours ago
- Bowls and spoons for sale, Aug 23 2017 pfollansbee.wordpress.com/2017/08/23/bow… #woodworking #feedly 14 hours ago
- New Home for Chair Notes chairnotes.blogspot.com/2017/08/new-ho… #woodworking #feedly 14 hours ago