egg and dart: An ornamental device often carved in wood, stone or plaster quarter-round ovolo mouldings, consisting of an egg-shaped object alternating with an element shaped like an arrow, anchor or dart. Some historians contend this ornamental device is supposed to represent the duality of life (the egg) and death (the arrow).
Search this Blog
How to Register to Leave a CommentYou can get a WordPress username to comment using this link.
- A Delay in the Next Batch of DividersWe’ve decided to hold off on offering another batch of dividers until we can get some additional tooling in house this week and build up a bigger inventory so they don’t sell out so quickly. So it might be a couple weeks before we offer another batch. We’ll let you know when it’s coming. And we know they will be worth the wait. — Christopher Schwarz […]
- More Dividers on the Way Next WeekWe sold out of our first batch of Improved Pattern Dividers today in 38 minutes (we were hoping this first load would last a week). So thanks to everyone who ordered. For those of you who weren't able to purchase a pair, we are working on a second large batch of dividers that we will post for sale at noon Eastern next Friday, Oct. 21. — Christopher Schw […]
- Making the Crucible Improved Pattern DividersWhen Raney Nelson explains to me how he makes dividers on the CNC mill, he makes it sound like he’s just doing some laundry: loading items into a machine, pressing a button and walking away for a couple hours. But after spending a day in his Indiana shop and reviewing hours and hours of process videos that Raney shot, I know he’s downplaying the skill and […]
- This Friday: Crucible DividersAt noon EST on Friday, Oct. 14, we will put the first batch of dividers up for sale here on the Crucible Tool website. We are now in continuous production and Raney Nelson has the mill humming at a fast clip. If the first batch sells out quickly, don’t fret. We plan on keeping production moving as quickly as possible to meet demand and will offer another bat […]
- A Delay in the Next Batch of Dividers
LostArtPress on Instagram
- RT @hellabrohemian: Will myers is cool and roy is the coolest person alive twitter.com/RudeMechanic/s… 7 hours ago
- Testing Ancient Technology blog.lostartpress.com/2016/10/19/tes… https://t.co/42EiPyshgu 17 hours ago
- The Hardest Part of Being a Hobo-American blog.lostartpress.com/2016/10/19/the… https://t.co/8Kham3OlSB 19 hours ago