Customers are starting to receive our new DVD “Inside the Anarchist’s Tool Chest” and here are some answers to some common questions.
1. Will this DVD be available through other retailers? Yes. We are working on that right now. Lie-Nielsen has agreed to carry it and we are shipping them a box today.
2. Will the DVD work on a regular TV, computer or both? It will work on both.
3. How do I access the “extras” on the DVD?
If you have a Mac, it’s just a couple steps. Double-click the DVD’s icon on your desktop. Double-click the folder named “Inside the Anarchist’s Tool Chest.” The files are in there.
If you have a Windows machine, here are the steps:
1. Quit your media player and navigate to your computer’s “Start” menu.
2. Click “Computer.” (Sometimes it says “My Computer.”)
3. You should see the DVD icon. Right-click on the DVD’s icon and choose “Open in a New Window.”
4. The new Window will show you the computer files on the DVD. Double-click on the folder named “Inside the Anarchist’s Tool Chest.” The files are in there.
What are the data files on the DVD?
A SketchUp drawing of the chest that you can study or alter to suit your set of tools. And an 11-page document that outlines the core set of tools in the chest, all of their brand names and model numbers. Plus hotlinks to where you can order these tools.
I hope this answers help. If you experience additional problems, leave us a comment and we’ll give you a hand.
— Christopher Schwarz
6 thoughts on “How to Get to the Extras on ‘Inside The Anarchist’s Tool Chest’ DVD”
On the DVD you stated you are now using Best oilstones and implied they were available in Arkansas. The only place I could find someone selling Best oilstones was Best Sharpening Stones in New Providence, NJ. Are these the stones you were referring to? You also stated you got your Arno burnisher from Lie-Nielson and that it was widely available. The ONLY place I coule find it was from Lee Richmond at the Best Things.
For oilstones, try these two sources:
The Arno burnisher is sold in lots of places — but it’s not under the Arno name. They are all about the same price. So pick a supplier you like and go with it.
Not to spoil the surprise if it is on the DVD, but have you written about why you switched to oilstones from waterstones?
Any plans to make it available in the UK?
If not I’m on the Pacific West Coast for three weeks. Anywhere I can pick one up here?
Three weeks is plenty of time for a first class delivery from the postal service. Order from here. 🙂
After reading the headline I was hoping for a secret code or drawer. Better yet, a puzzle lock that releases a secret compartment in the back cover of the book.
Comments are closed.