New T-shirt: I Shall Die Trying

die_trying_front_1000_IMG_4186

Our new T-shirt design features three planes from Joseph Moxon’s “Mechanick Exercises” on the front. On the back are the words: “I Shall Die Trying,” something we’ve all occasionally uttered while flattening a large and warped panel.

Thanks to Rob Campbell, also known as The Joiner’s Apprentice, who came up with the idea for the shirt.

The forest green shirts are 100-percent cotton and made in the United States by American Apparel – the screen printing was done in Indiana. The shirts are $16 ($18 for 2XL). Apologies in advance: We didn’t order any sizes “small” or “3XL.”

As always, we make only one run of each shirt design. So if you like it, buy one before we run out of your size. This T-shirt scarcity is a problem even for me. I gave away my last “Rude Mechanicks Since 1678” shirt to a friend, and I have been trying to get my oldest daughter to sell me her shirt. No dice.

You can order a shirt from our store here.

die_trying_back_1000_IMG_4173

About Chris Schwarz

Publisher of woodworking books and DVDs specializing in hand tool techniques.
This entry was posted in Products We Sell. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to New T-shirt: I Shall Die Trying

1. Jim Mcgee says:

I have finally found my motivation to keep to my diet. No tee shirts in 3XL. A new way for Chris to motivate the readers of the books published by Lost Art Press.

2. Sam says:

Work Harder, eat less, and yes I will “Die Trying.” but don’t touch my beer!

Good looking T-shirt

3. billlattpa says:

Do you have one for a guy with 18″ biceps and a 46″ chest?

4. Brian Dormer says:

My I humbly petition for 3X – puhleeze?!?! Some of us are circumferentialy challenged. Too many burgers… So little time.

5. Moxon says:

Let me see if I have this straight. I pay you, you give me a printed shirt (the model T) with your logo and company name and some doodles I made of some planes, which I then wear around for free? possibly persuading some to explore your books and buy from you. It’s brilliant! I see a big future in these so-called T-shirts. Why didn’t I think of that? JM

• Tom Pier says:

An even more ingenious idea; rather than paying an apprentice, how about charging the inexperienced to learn how to work wood.

6. Devon says:

I say try Tall sizes one of these days (or at least some Anvil or other uniform brands that have a very long tail) and see how they sell.

Mr. Schwarz is tall enough to know how exactly how bald I am and I’m 6’3″ – Yet no tall sized shirts?

Put an end to the uncomfortable decision to expose midriff or wear 2 “nested” T-shirts. No one wants to see my hairy tummy and I look like the Pillsbury Dough Boy when stuffed in 2 shirts.

Any boy on the street can tell you where to buy blank tall T-shirts for a nickel…

7. SS says:

I Shall Try Tie Dying…

8. If you are looking to start a fashion line, “Don’t bogart that jointer” may prove particularly successful in Washington state and Colorado.

I’ll leave the Jack plane jokes off here.

9. SM says:

No smalls? It may surprise you to find out that you do have female fans!