Campaign Furniture at WIA

I love football as much as I love a cold-water enema.

Wait. Perhaps I love it less.

In any case, if you are attending the Woodworking in America conference this weekend, be sure to stop by the Lost Art Press booth and the classroom where I’ll be teaching. We’ll have my campaign secretary on display, as well as a Roorkhee chair wrapped in genuine NFL football leather. Yup. It’s waterproof leather, as long as you sew it into some semi-spherical form so the inside is not exposed to the elements.

So let’s call it “weather resistant.”

It’s a nice and nubby leather. One female visitor to our shop (who shall remain nameless) commented: If you took off all your clothes and sat on it, it looks like it would give you a nice massage.

Something else to note: Ty Black, my shop assistant who is shown napping in the chair and fully clothed thank goodness, will soon be offering leather and canvas kits for Roorkhee chairs. These will be for sale through the Lost Art Press store. You’ll have a variety of leathers and sizes to choose from, including the one that is used to massage naked people.

So stay tuned. And do stop by our booth in the Marketplace and say hello.

About Chris Schwarz

Publisher of woodworking books and DVDs specializing in hand tool techniques.
This entry was posted in Books in the Works, Campaign Furniture. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Campaign Furniture at WIA

1. Paul says:

Surly not before purchase (massage naked people)1

2. Ron Dennis says:

Chris – If the female visitor is of legal age and not in a commited relationship, please introduce me!

3. burbidge says:

So you love football, but not as much as…

4. Tim Henriksen says:

I think your female visitor should consider decreasing her Valium dose a bit.

5. Bob Jones says:

I’m glad to hear about the kits. One of these chairs is in my build que and yalls leatherwork is looking pretty good.

Shop assistant? I thought you didn’t hire employees. He must be working for tips :)

• lostartpress says:

Bob,

I have no employees. And I hope never to have any. Ty works in my shop three days a week, either on his own projects or assisting me with mine. When there’s time, I show him what I know. And at times he shows me a thing or two (he’s an engineer).

6. Joe Hornor says:

Wow, I’m glad to finally find the one other person that shares my opinion of football. Yes I said that and am from Texas.

7. George J. (Germany) says:

Chris,
    Ty,
    unnamed female Visitoress –

thanks for keeping us entertained!

8. Kim A Howarter says:

Yes, it is nice to know that there are other people that can live well without football. I can watch a game if I go somewhere, but I don’t put it on at home. Never understood fantasy football either.

I will take a pass on the enema, been there done that!

9. John says:

Curious about Ty sitting in the chair. Is that the usual sitting position or is he slouching? I like to sit quite upright, prefering my hard oak chair to the couch. Not sure one of these would be right for me but it would be fun to build!

10. Patrixk says:

Is it safe to assume that your campaign bookcase will also be on display and fully stocked with LAP books? Also, any other campaign furniture in your queue? (Like the little writing desk you showed in a previous post?)
    Thanks!

• lostartpress says:

We will bring what we can to WIA, and we hope to bring the bookcase.

I have several other campaign pieces in the works, but I am waiting on hardware to get them started.