Search this Blog
How to Register to Leave a CommentYou can get a WordPress username to comment using this link.
My Personal Site & Gallery
- Dent the Wood for Tighter JointsWe’ve all dented some important part of a project and hand to remove the dent with heat and steam. It’s … The post Dent the Wood for Tighter Joints appeared first on Popular Woodworking Magazine.
- How to Design Furniture With SpindlesDesigning a piece of furniture with multiple spindles – or even working with someone else’s plan – can be tricky. … The post How to Design Furniture With Spindles appeared first on Popular Woodworking Magazine.
- Benchcrafted: Not a Review – an EndorsementRecently one of the leg vises in my shop cracked. The vise chop snapped and the garter on the wooden … The post Benchcrafted: Not a Review – an Endorsement appeared first on Popular Woodworking Magazine.
- Workbenches: With Experience Comes SimplicityFor the many-hundredth time last week, I explained the virtues of simple workbenches to a skeptical audience of 10 workbench … The post Workbenches: With Experience Comes Simplicity appeared first on Popular Woodworking Magazine.
- Dent the Wood for Tighter Joints
LostArtPress on InstagramLong-time dream fulfilled. Reprinting John Brown’s classic book. The print job is spectacular. Thanks to @mattysearsworks for his help. And @welshchairmaker for his support.Apart from my chairs, this is one of my favorite projects — a liquor and LP cabinet. And after I’m dead, the shelves come out and Lucy saves $800 at the funeral home.This stage of construction always makes me think of the Iron Throne.
- The Final Touches on ‘Hands Employed Aright’ blog.lostartpress.com/2018/06/24/the… https://t.co/FUSQpUwKX3 1 day ago
- Ingenious Mechanicks – on review overthewireless.com/2018/06/24/ing… #woodworking #feedly 1 day ago
- The Last of the Signature Plates blog.lostartpress.com/2018/06/23/the… https://t.co/5ezpL40kJo 1 day ago
Category Archives: Products We Sell
Later this month we will offer a limited run of 100 Lost Art Press baseball caps that feature the “marriage mark” symbol from “The Anarchist’s Design Book.” And, exciting for us, the hats are being embroidered and stamped by our … Continue reading
Next week, Woodworking in America will command all our attention. We’ll be selling books and tools in the Marketplace, Raney Nelson and I will be teaching classes upstairs for registrants and we will officially launch Crucible Tool. Here are some … Continue reading
For those who prefer your workshop art to be a little twisted (as opposed to a sexist cheesecake calendar) we offer this poster from the back page of the April 5, 1903, edition of the French illustrated newspaper Le Petit … Continue reading
You can now purchase 100-percent cotton T-shirts emblazoned with the marriage mark from “The Anarchist’s Design Book” on the front. The back of the shirt is blank. The American Apparel shirts are made and printed in California and are $30, … Continue reading
We dug up a few boxes of sweatshirts and T-shirts and are offering them in the Lost Art Press store at a significant discount. Last year we started using a fulfillment service to print our shirts and sweatshirts, which is … Continue reading
Next week we should take possession of 500 copies of “Workbenches: From Design & Theory to Construction & Use, Revised Edition.” I’m going to sign all 500 copies on the title page and then take them to our warehouse to … Continue reading