Design Book Out of Stock & Other Updates

ADB2_cover_IMG_5149

We’ve run out of copies of “The Anarchist’s Design Book: Expanded Edition.”  We ordered enough to last us two years, but they lasted only four months. We ordered a new press run on April 17 and should have our stock replenished within the next two weeks.

Having books or tools out of stock makes us grumpy. And we have new systems now to help prevent this from happening with any book. So we’ve been busy this month and have six press runs in the work right now. That’s crazy. The most we’ve ever managed before is two.

Other Book News
I am designing Nancy Hiller’s book, “Kitchen Think: A guide to design and construction, from refurbishing to renovation.” It’s a big book with many involved layouts. I can safely say I’ve never seen another kitchen book like it. But we would expect nothing less from Nancy. We are headed for an early summer release.

“Make a Chair From a Tree” by Jennie Alexander is inching closer to the finish line. Peter Follansbee finished his work on the book in April and now Megan Fitzpatrick is getting it ready for page design. I know we’ve had some fits and starts with this title, but we hope this will be out by the end of the year. Megan promises to write up a detailed blog entry on this book soon.

“Country Woodcraft: Then & Now” by Drew Langsner is being designed by Meghan Bates. We’re also trying to get this book, which covers all aspects of green woodworking, out in 2020.

And there’s more.

Brendan Gaffney is about to finish his manuscript on James Krenov (we’re trying to get that book out before the 100th anniversary of his birth). And Kara Gebhart is working with an artist to complete illustrations for Monroe Robinson’s book “The Handcrafted Life of Dick Proenneke.”

So enough of this leisurely blogging. It’s back to the salt mines for me and the rest of the crew.

This entry was posted in The Anarchist's Design Book, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Design Book Out of Stock & Other Updates

1. nrhiller says:

All wonderful news, even though selling out of your recently published ADB-X makes you grumpy. (I’d take grumpy if my book sold out that quickly.)

2. Eric Brown says:

With all these books coming out this year I wonder if there will be any books next year? Maybe a saw book?

3. Brian Smith says:

There’s always room in my stack of Lost Art book for one more. Didn’t know that anyone was working on a book about Dick Proenneke. I can’t count the number of times I’ve watched Alone in the Wilderness. The book should be a good read next to the fireplace.

4. Justin R says:

Thanks for the update. ADB is the most useful and impactful book I’ve ever owned.
    Aslo, salt mines?…..you know coal mines is where it at!

5. Paul Zadworniak says:

Looking forward to the Country woodcraft and Proenneke books!

6. woodskills says:

Looking forward to the Brendan Gaffney Krenov biography. I’ve run out of Krenov books to read, resorting to re-reading my Krenov series many times over 😉

7. Very exciting. I’ll take one of each, please.

8. Luke Maddux says:

What ever happened to the Tage Frid book? Is that one still in the works? I was particularly interested in it.

9. Jason M says:

I’m really looking forward to the book on Dick Proenneke.

10. Pascal Teste says:

Notwithstanding the frustration of the out of stock situation, it must be reassuring to see the books flying off the shelves. Looking forward to these new titles. Congrats to the whole team!

11. Richard Mahler says:

Having a two-year supply depleted in four months is nothing to be grumpy about, but if you have put inventory tracking in place that is the cure. So looking forward to Nancy’s kitchen book, as well as others LAP has in the works!

12. Shannon Troester says:

Do I remember incorrectly, or was there a mention at one point of a book by Richard Maguire?

13. Gil B. says:

You mentioned that you were working on a book about woodworking in Japan a few years ago. Any updates on that ?

14. I’m on the edge of my seat waiting for that Proenneke book. I read One Man’s Wilderness at the end of last year and I’ve been hungry for more content ever since.

15. @krunge says:

Well crap. I waited to long to order. I’ll set a reminder for a few weeks….

16. John Griffin-Wiesner says:

Congratulations on the grumpy news; the success of ADB is well deserved. I thoroughly enjoyed it (again.)

17. Steve P says:

I guess it makes sense, so many people stuck at home now with time to read. I’m the opposite, I work in IT making sure thousands of colleagues can work remotely so ironically I have less time than before. I still haven’t built the chest from ATC i bought over a year ago…..

18. timjab says:

Very eager for the Proenneke book. I have loved Alone in the Wilderness for years.
    The other titles sound interesting as well.

19. “We ordered enough to last us two years, but they lasted only four months.”‘

I don’t know… I sort of love this.