Crucible Update: Lump Hammers & Burnishers (?!?)

step4_burnish_tilted1_IMG_9132

As promised, everyone at the storefront has thrown themselves into lump hammer production. We’ve just delivered the biggest batch of lump hammers to our warehouse. They will be entered into inventory and will go on sale later this week.

We’ve had a few customers complain that we don’t give enough advance notice of when tools will go on sale. To help reduce the emotional emails that John and Meghan answer, we’re going to put these hammers up for sale on Friday. I don’t know what time yet, however. Watch this blog for the time.

If you have been waiting to buy a hammer, we hope that Friday is your day.

Also, this week we’re going to start selling Arno burnishers. These are our favorite burnishers (we’ll explain why in a bit). And we will sell them for less than EDIT: for the same price Amazon does. So stay tuned.

Finally, we still have stock on Crucible Card Scrapers. That’s because everyone in our supply chain bent over backward to help us out. Thank you.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Crucible Update: Lump Hammers & Burnishers (?!?)

1. Steve C says:

Sweet

2. loxmyth says:

Definitely interested in the burnisher. I only discovered recently what a scraper can do; now I need to get better at maintaining it!

3. Mark says:

How does it compare to the Lee Valley variable burnisher?

• tsstahl says:

No training wheels. That sounds really negative, but the best description. The LV is just another jig for a hard rod. No comment on how that last sentence sounds. Either way, your scraper will get scrapey. 🙂

4. Mmmmmmm…… Arno…… It is good. A lovely bouquet with a wonderful mouthfeel. This varietal is hard to find, and requires a commitment from the burnishee to enjoy the rich fullness of this particular vintage. I look forward to being able to enjoy this fine French classic.

5. Jonathan Berndt says:

Thanks for the heads up, fingers crossed…

6. Greg says:

I ordered my scraper last week, and it arrived today! Great service for an outstanding product…..

7. SHANNON JAMES TROESTER says:

Was the video on preparing/sharpening the card scrappers ever made? If so maybe I just missed it. That seems to be happening more frequently.

• Hi Shannon,

Ihaven’t made the video yet. I put everything (except personal hygiene) on hold as we got scraper and hammer production ramped up. I will do the video as soon as I can fit it into the schedule. Apologies.

• SHANNON JAMES TROESTER says:

No problem. I just remembering it being mentioned and wanted to follow up. I certainly understand business needs (and probably an uncountable number of emails asking when the hammer will be available again!). In any case when you have time, is soon enough for me. Thanks for the response.

Comments? Be kind or be gone.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )