Search this Blog
How to Register to Leave a CommentYou can get a WordPress username to comment using this link.
- Oregon Woodworkers Guild. April 9, 2015 – April 13, 2015
- Lie-Nielsen Hand Tool Event, Cincinnati, Ohio April 17, 2015 – April 19, 2015
- Marc Adams School of Woodworking, Handplane Weekend April 25, 2015 – April 27, 2015
- WoodWorkers Club Class, Rockville, Md. Knockdown Nicholson Workbench May 4, 2015 – May 9, 2015
- Handworks, Amana, Iowa May 15, 2015 at 8:00 am – May 17, 2015 at 9:00 am
- Furniture Institute of Massachusetts, Anarchist's Tool Chest June 22, 2015 – June 29, 2015
- Course for Aspiring Woodworkers at N.E.W. July 13, 2015 – July 18, 2015
- Knockdown Nicholson Workbench N.E.W. July 20, 2015 – July 25, 2015
- Build a Roubo Workbench, Connecticut Valley School of Woodworking August 10, 2015 – August 15, 2015
"Furniture of Necessity"
"Breakfast of Champions"
Second Staked backstool
Eagles of Death Metal "Peace, Love and Death Metal"
Trader Joe's "Vintage Ale"
LostArtPress on Instagram
- International Shipping Update wp.me/p19928-3e1 22 hours ago
- Hide Glue Gives You Happy Endings wp.me/p19928-3dY 1 day ago
- RT @jessamyn: Passing up option to see real-life Jar of Moles because we’ve hit our “stuff in jars” museum limit on this trip. http://t.co/… 1 day ago
Category Archives: The Academy of Armory
VIII. He beareth Argent, a Pair of Compasses, Sable. This is born by the name of Compashale. A. a Cheveron engrailed between 3 Compasses S. is the Coat Armour belonging to the Company of Carpenters; the same is born in … Continue reading
VII. He beareth Argent, an Axe, (or Carpenters Axe) in Bend Azure, the Hawme, Or; between a Ginnet and an Auger of the same: These are three Tools used principally by the Carpenters of which in their order. First, the … Continue reading
III. He beareth Sable, a Frame Saw, or a Framing Saw, Argent, the Cheeks, Or. The use of this Saw is to cut Miter and Bevile squares for Frames and Cornishes on the top of Wanscot. The use of the … Continue reading
II. are again three other sorts of Saws, which are used by Wood-men. The first is a Tennant Saw, this is a thin Saw, and therefore hath a Back of Iron to keep it from bending; it is for one … Continue reading
1. IN the beginning of this Chapter we shall give you all sorts of Instruments and Tools used in Armory pertaining to the several Trades of Joyners, Carpenters, Mill-wrights, Wheel-wrights, Turners and Coopers, &c. or whatsoever other Trade, whose use … Continue reading
CLXIII. In this quarter is presented to your view the Head of the Turning Engine, for the turning of Oval Work, Rose Work, and Swath Work, with other kind of Work not yet named, because not found out, for no … Continue reading