Search this Blog
How to Register to Leave a CommentYou can get a WordPress username to comment using this link.
- Lie-Nielsen Hand Tool Event Brooklyn January 2, 2015 – January 4, 2015
- Windsor Sawbenches at Highland Hardware January 17, 2015 – January 19, 2015
- Alabama Woodworkers Guild February 13, 2015 – February 15, 2015
- Australia Tour February 21, 2015 – March 15, 2015
- Kelly Mehler, Riveted Trunk March 28, 2015 – March 30, 2015
- Oregon Woodworkers Guild. April 9, 2015 – April 13, 2015
- Marc Adams School of Woodworking, Handplane Weekend April 25, 2015 – April 27, 2015
- WoodWorkers Club Class, Rockville, Md. Knockdown Nicholson Workbench May 4, 2015 – May 9, 2015 Matt Nauman Director The Woodworkers Club 11910-L Parklawn Drive Rockville, MD 20852 301.984.9033
Peter Galbert's "Chairmaker's Notebook" to the designer!
"Roubo on Furniture"
"Oak Furniture: The British Tradition"
Another tool chest – traveling size
The Breeders "Pod"
LostArtPress on Instagram
- RT @billmaher: I understand #Sony is getting back at N Korea's bomb threats by planting a bomb of their own in theaters on Christmas: its c… 1 hour ago
- Wisdom from the Boss wp.me/p19928-372 13 hours ago
- 5 Tools for Sale – Dec. 19,@2014 wp.me/p19928-36M 15 hours ago
Category Archives: The Academy of Armory
XXXIX. He beareth Or, a Joyner seated astride a piece of Timber with a Mallet in his right hand lifted up, and a Chissel in his left, making a Mortice all proper. Terms of Art used by Joyners in their … Continue reading
XXVI. He beareth Sable, a Cording Augre, (or Auger) and Pin, Or. These are Instruments of Wood, whose use is only for the Cording of Beds, to strain the Ropes streight, for Matts and Beds to ly upon. The Carpenter … Continue reading
XXII. He beareth Argent, a Mortess Chissel, Azure, the Helve, Or. By the name of Chizell. This is a Chissel broad in the sides and thick in the face part, so consequently stronger than other Chissels, that it may abide … Continue reading
XX. In this quarter is first the round Smoothing Plain, whose Sole is not streight but convex. The second is the Rabbet Plain, which hath the sides of the Iron not inclosed in the Stock as the foregoing Plains, but … Continue reading
XIX. He beareth in this quarter two sorts of Joyners Plains; that in the chief is termed a Joynter, it is the largest sort of Plains by them used, it is perfectly streight from end to end; its office is … Continue reading
XIII. He beareth Gules, a Joyners Rule, or a two Foot Rule, Or; and a Carpenters Square, Argent. The Rule is equally divided into two foot, which is againe subdivided into 24 Inches, these also brought into halfe and quarters … Continue reading