Search this Blog
How to Register to Leave a CommentYou can get a WordPress username to comment using this link.
- Alabama Woodworkers Guild Build a Dutch Tool Chest February 14, 2015 – February 16, 2015
- Oregon Woodworkers Guild. April 9, 2015 – April 13, 2015
- Lie-Nielsen Hand Tool Event, Cincinnati, Ohio April 17, 2015 – April 19, 2015
- Marc Adams School of Woodworking, Handplane Weekend April 25, 2015 – April 27, 2015
- WoodWorkers Club Class, Rockville, Md. Knockdown Nicholson Workbench May 4, 2015 – May 9, 2015 Matt Nauman Director The Woodworkers Club 11910-L Parklawn Drive Rockville, MD 20852 301.984.9033
- Handworks, Amana, Iowa May 15, 2015 at 8:00 am – May 17, 2015 at 9:00 am
- Dictum June 12, 2015 at 8:00 am – June 19, 2015 at 9:00 am
- Furniture Institute of Massachusetts, Anarchist's Tool Chest June 22, 2015 – June 29, 2015
Peter Galbert's "Chairmaker's Notebook" page proofs!
"Roubo on Furniture" back to the translators.
"Virtuoso" to design.
Furniture of Necessity – Staked Furniture Chapters
"Mahogany" by Jennifer L. Anderson
Sleater-Kinney "No Cities to Love"
The Decemberists "What a Terrible World..."
Wilco "Alpha Mike Foxtrot: Rare Tracks"
LostArtPress on Instagram
- Everything has been Restocked wp.me/p19928-3b1 14 hours ago
- RT @Davidsca: @RudeMechanic I have a picture of my 2 day toolchest from your dvd. Great plans and dvd.Thanks for all @Davidsca 1 day ago
- RT @drewtoothpaste: I took a class called "yoga for weight loss" & it was just a bunch of treadmills & a mean lady yelling "This pose is ca… 1 day ago
Category Archives: The Academy of Armory
From Randle Holme III’s “Academy of Armory,” which he began in 1649. As republished in “Living and Working in Seventeenth Century England” Throne He beareth a Throne, a chair Royall, or a Cathedre (from it Latine terme), adorned with a … Continue reading
XXXIX. He beareth Or, a Joyner seated astride a piece of Timber with a Mallet in his right hand lifted up, and a Chissel in his left, making a Mortice all proper. Terms of Art used by Joyners in their … Continue reading
XXVI. He beareth Sable, a Cording Augre, (or Auger) and Pin, Or. These are Instruments of Wood, whose use is only for the Cording of Beds, to strain the Ropes streight, for Matts and Beds to ly upon. The Carpenter … Continue reading
XXII. He beareth Argent, a Mortess Chissel, Azure, the Helve, Or. By the name of Chizell. This is a Chissel broad in the sides and thick in the face part, so consequently stronger than other Chissels, that it may abide … Continue reading
XX. In this quarter is first the round Smoothing Plain, whose Sole is not streight but convex. The second is the Rabbet Plain, which hath the sides of the Iron not inclosed in the Stock as the foregoing Plains, but … Continue reading
XIX. He beareth in this quarter two sorts of Joyners Plains; that in the chief is termed a Joynter, it is the largest sort of Plains by them used, it is perfectly streight from end to end; its office is … Continue reading