Search this Blog
How to Register to Leave a CommentYou can get a WordPress username to comment using this link.
- Holdfast Holes: Where Should They be Located?You don’t need a lot of holdfast holes to hold most work on your bench. In fact, I’ve found that somewhere between eight and 10 holes is more than enough for most work. And if I used a tail vise, I probably could get away with just two or three holdfast holes. The topic of where to put holdfast holes stresses out a lot of bench builders, especially if they’v […]
- Disassemble Heavy JointsSometimes you can get a joint together no problem. But getting it apart is another matter. With the joints for a heavy French workbench, disassembling a test-fit gives many beginning woodworkers a fit. Many times they end up slamming hammers or mallets on places that are easily bruised (including their hands). The easiest way to knock out a leg that I’ve fou […]
- Holdfast Holes: Where Should They be Located?
LostArtPress on Instagram
- Finding Furniture in Unexpected Places blog.lostartpress.com/2015/11/25/fin… https://t.co/zLiB7xhfIy 13 hours ago
- Thomas Hennel and Recording Britain blog.lostartpress.com/2015/11/25/tho… https://t.co/IgfvHmKtCA 15 hours ago
- A Little Extra Support chairnotes.blogspot.com/2015/11/a-litt… #feedly 21 hours ago
Category Archives: Mouldings in Practice
Next week we will be able to sell the leather editions of “Mouldings in Practice” in our Lost Art Press store. There will be 26 to 30 copies available (depending on how many survive the binding process) and they will … Continue reading
Here are some short updates on projects in the works at Lost Art Press. 1. “Grandpa’s Workshop” is in its final stages at the printer and should be on its way to us in the next week. Free shipping for … Continue reading
We do not solicit reviews of our books. We do not send out free “review” copies in hopes of snagging a kind word, which is standard practice at most publishing companies. So when people review a Lost Art Press book … Continue reading
“Mouldings in Practice” by Matthew Sheldon Bickford is now available in for your iPad, iPhone, Kindle or other electronic reader. The price is $16. To purchase the Kindle version, click here. To purchase the ePub version for iPad or iPhone, … Continue reading
All of the pre-publication orders of “Mouldings in Practice” have been packaged and labeled – they will all be in the mail stream by lunchtime. The photo above shows about one-third of what we boxed up on Monday. The other … Continue reading
…for writing a book that is shorter than “The Anarchist’s Tool Chest.” Matt’s book, “Mouldings in Practice,” arrived a few minutes ago. And there are 26 books in a case instead of 16 (like the tool chest book). That allowed … Continue reading